We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

London, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

These guys seem to have some amazing flight deals, but was wondering if they are a bogus company? Has anyone else used 9flights.co.uk before and have you ever had any issues with them?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,925 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

No personal experience of them but I noted from the "About Us" page that they operate under multiple brand names which would give me cause for concern as per the following

"9Flights.co.uk operates under multiple brand names like Sam travel, Air travel Guide and Air travel Guru."

I'm not a fan of 3rd party sites and would want to see a significant saving over a direct booking with the airline before even considering them.

UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

These guys seem to have some amazing flight deals,

======

I suspect "seem to" are the key words :-)

Does their website, by any chance , have phrases such "prices from only" ? And when you read the Ts&Cs, does it have such wording along the lines of "flight not confirmed and prices not guaranteed until we get back to you within one or more business days"

I have no experience of these guys, but just read the many very lengthy forums here from people who *thought* they were saving money booking with one of many different third party agencies, and all they ended up with was lots of hassle, sometimes more expensive flights, and in other cases, the double whammy of losing all the money they paid AND having to buy an extra expensive last minute ticket.

My advice is first, just book with teh airline. Second, if you really are attracted by teh tempting shiny low prices, do a test booking for a flight you are interested in, go right to the final page so you can see all extras being added, and see what that compares to on the airlines website comparing like for like such as baggage allowance.

Often you'll find, once you add all the extras in, they are no cheaper than anyone else, indeed I did this recently for an often recommended company here and I they ended up being about £20 MORE on a £500 flight compared to the airline itself, once you got to the final page. Before that, yes the priced looked "amazing" . After that, IMO it was "amazing" why anyone would use them :-).

Even if there is a saving, then consider if its worth the hassle should any changes occur. This might not be your change but an airline change, when the airline and the third party get into a ****ing match about whose fault it is and what flights you can be put onto instead. This is outside of any self imposed errors such as minor name mistakes, wrong dates and the like,where you are generally into a world of hurt.

You aren't just buying the same seat on the plane so cheapest is best and it doesn't matter who you booked with, there is all the back office support that often is non existent with these companies, after all how else do you think they try to keep prices low ?

Just check any recent thread on cheapoair, bravofly, edreams to see what effect poor customer service can make to a flight.

Let us know what you do.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

Do not use this company, I have just this afternoon booked a flight to Istanbul with the quoted price of £129 only to come home to 2 answer phone messages telling me the flight price has gone up and I have to now phone them to pay the rest which was was in total £163!!!! I had received payment confirmation and was awaiting my e-ticket. Do not trust them, I also heard from another review they had cancelled someones flight on the last minute. Customer services no help this is a con!!! Im just glad i have time to re-book a flight! hope this helps!

cambridge
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

i bought tickets through this company in feb this year and although the tickets were cheaper than anywhere else i experienced nothing but downright lies and avoiding strategies wnen i needed help with a problem.

trying to get through to the same person was a nightmare-the person always seemed to be "on a break or in a meeting".you get put through to an office in India- often with a bad phone connection as well.

it took the help of another company to finally get my refund from them.

i would NEVER recommend them.

find a different travel agency or risk a nervous breakdown as i nearly experienced.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

Kayezackholly, what was the outside company that helped you get your money back? I too have booked with them on a longhaul flight, and a month before my trip have been cancelled leaving me out of pocket to the tune of £640.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,994 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

You mean your ticket was cancelled (not by you) and they kept your money?

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

Yes! I did not ask for my ticket to be cancelled and I had no idea that it had- I just randomly decided to look at my booking online the other day and it said cancelled, then I rang up up and 9flights have denied taking any money from me. I have contacted the fraud department of my bank and waiting for someone to call me back, 9 flights were very rude and unhelpful. I feel fairly certain that I should get my money back so long as the company does not pack up and disappear. I have now booked flights with a direct airline which is then more money out of my pocket, so i need to get the refund. It is very frustrating and disappointing.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

I had already confirmed my flight, months and months ago I could have just turned up to the airport for my flight which is 4 weeks time to find I wasnt on one.

cambridge
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

i had inadvertantly double booked the flight with Finn Air as well.(it`s all a bit complicated to go into)

9-flights said they needed the ok from finn air to give the money back and said finn air wouldn`t give a refund.Then they said i could have half the money back ,which sounded suspicious.

As i was getting really stressed my daughter called finn air direct and they were WONDERFUL.they said 9-flights hadn`t even asked them to refund the money !From that point Finn air took over and eventually after several weeks i got my money refunded.

9-flights told me one lie after another.have you noticed how other trip review sites give them wonderfulreviews?They must write the reviews themselves!

If you bought the flights with a credit card they may be able to help you.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,191 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 9flights.co.uk REVIEW?

Oh dear, he we go again. Cheap deal turns into nasty deal, have we not be here before a thousand times on this forum.

Do the right thing BOOK DIRECTLY WITH THE AIRLINE.

Remember .co.uk does not mean the agent is UK based, they could (and normally are) anywhere in the world.