We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would I have enough time to make the connection

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Topic
Would I have enough time to make the connection

I am trying to book a flight out DAR as my return flight back to the US.

However the flight leaves DAR at 17:05 (Lutfhansa) and the flight from ZNZ (Fly540) arrives 15:40.

Is this a very tight schedule, would there be a lot of delays. I suspect that the DAR airport its a small one, and hopefully it would be the same terminal for domestic and international flights,

Please let me know so I can decide to grab this airfare

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Would I have enough time to make the connection

If it's not a single ticket don't even consider it.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Would I have enough time to make the connection

What do you mean,

It's a separate ticket from Precision and the flight on Lufthansa is my Open Jaw return. I'm right now trying to book it not done waiting to hear from the forum

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,386 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Would I have enough time to make the connection

What he means is that if on two tickets you will most likely have to collect your luggage and recheck it, 1 hour 25 is not really long enough to do that

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Would I have enough time to make the connection

Hopefully I could carry on, but as you know most international airlines are very strick when it comes to carry on I have a regular small backpack not the big tall one

I never check in I travel light

5. Re: Would I have enough time to make the connection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:12 am, June 15, 2012
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Would I have enough time to make the connection

Even then if there is any delay or cancellation of your flight to Dar and you miss the LH flight you will lose the entire remainder of your ticket home and have to pay for a single ticket all the way back to Seattle.

I wouldn't even attempt it.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Would I have enough time to make the connection

Do both airlines use the same terminal in DAR or do I need to go to another terminal after landing from ZNZ.

If so, how far do I need to travel to the international flights to Ethiopia

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Would I have enough time to make the connection

Honestly it really doesn't matter. Don't do it.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,055 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Would I have enough time to make the connection

Your flight isn't with Lufthansa, it's a codeshare with Ethiopian Air. With them check-in closes an hour before departure.

You'd be insane to book this "connection" (sic) as you are certain to miss it. Even booking an earlier flight that day is risky as if you miss the flight from Dar you'd be looking at buying a last minute ticket at full price which isn't going to be cheap.

G G
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Would I have enough time to make the connection

I see that Zan Air has a flight arrives 14:20 but not sure if they land at the same terminal

and another small airplane not sure if they are reliable 2:45