We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing Airlines

dumbarton
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Sunwing Airlines

Hi just to ask any info on sunwing airlines , using them this July from Glasgow to Toronto are they ok cheers

266 replies to this topic
Pembroke Pines...
Destination Expert
for Doral
Level Contributor
595 posts
564 reviews
1. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Look here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k5457634…

dumbarton
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Thanks for help I will look into it.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
3. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Not sure about your flight, but we recently used them 2 weeks ago for the first time and will never use them again. Our flight was delayed 12 hours as was the flight the day before us with no explanation except that it was technical difficulties. I think they didn't have enough to fill their flight so doubled up morning and evening flights. We were in Cuba, the Sunwing reps were rude and said they didn't have time for us, didn't tell us of the delay until we arrived in the lobby for departure and then still told us it was leaving at 10 pm when in fact our friend texted us after calling the airport and knew it wasn't leaving till 1:15 am. The offered a $75 voucher to every "group" whether it was five in your party or ten it was only $75 per group. The flight attendants were not friendly or apologetic on the way home and in fact looked annoyed at the small children that were upset and crying. My daughter silently cried as she was terrified to fly at night (which is why we booked morning flights) and after sitting in the airport for 5 hours and the resort lobby for 7 hours they were exhausted. Also many people on our flights had to go straight to work from the airport as they could not get another day off work and they did not seem to care about this either. They have not responded to my emails and I find this to be very poor business etiquette.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Sunwing Airlines

No absoloutely dont use them I used them and was totally stressed out as my flight was changed at least four times...it was supposed to be a direct flight from Glasgow to Toronto but ended up stopping at gatwick and we had to get off the plane and go through customs again at which time they took my unsealed duty free from me ....Sunwing will say there is a mechanical problem with the plane but in actual fact the plane is empty so they are just stopping at gatwick to fill it up...I will never fly with them again as was the whole plane full of pasengers opinion ,,,I cannot see them staying in business long...

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
20 reviews
5. Re: Sunwing Airlines

I was just thinking of using them when I noticed that they had in small print return via Gatwick and wondered if we needed to get off the plane which is ridiculous. So thanks for the info on that at least. I may have no choice as I am awaiting news on my mothers health and depending on the outcome will take what I need to take to get to Glasgow but now at least I know I would need to get off the plane on the way back via Gatwick. Which I will be in no mood to do if I need to, as when I leave it will be after saying goodbye knowing I won't see her again. So at least it will not be a surprise if I can't get an air transat flight and having knowledge is better than being surprised at what is not a great time.

dumbarton
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Please dont use them, we had a 24 hour delay coming back from Toronto to Glasgow,we were supposed to arrive back on Sun.22 July at 9.55am UK time and instead it was Mon. 23 July.Sitting around Toronto Airport for hours.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
99 posts
20 reviews
7. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Thanks for the info on that I am booked on air transat . I would not be in a mood for this nonsense going or coming back it is bad enough if you are just going on a vacation. Anything can happen at any time but I can accept that.

Just for my curiosity did you come over to Canada through Gatwick and did you also have a wait at Gatwick and did you get on a different plane. I will be going air transat for sure. I could loose the place and end up giving out a Glesca kiss as my nerves are shot enough as it is LOL!

dumbarton
Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Hi again,when we booked the holiday we were told its a direct flight from Glasgow to Toronto Then3 days to go they said we would have to go via Gatwick which meant we would miss our connecting flight to Windsor, We stayed on the plane at Gatwick for about 90 min. we then had to pay nearly £200 extra for a new internal flight. They tell you anything to keep you quiet, coming back I asked them if the plane was in Toronto airport I was told yes but you cannot see it because it was in a hanger being worked on, pure lies it was not even in Canada ,granted we were put up in a hotel but that was about 3.30 in the morning after sitting in the airport for 7 hours.Good luck with Transat let me know. Cheers.

Elizabeth, Indiana...
1 post
9. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Flying to Cancun from Cincinnati there was a 2-hour delay due to "passport problems", whatever that means. Getting ready to land in Cancun they said they didn't have the right forms on the plane, so we sat on the plane at the gate for another 1/2 hour while they "found" some and gave them to us as we left the plane. Coming back to Cincinnati they told us the only forms they had were printed in French so again we sat on the plane at the gate while they found the right forms. Apparently they have no concept of a "checklist" to insure they have the right forms before they leave. Other than that had no problems.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
10. Re: Sunwing Airlines

I've seen several complaints about Sunwings here. But we used them Toronto-Veradero-Toronto last year and had no problems at all.

Reply to: Sunwing Airlines
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted