We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is" Web Only" means for South West fares?

Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
What is" Web Only" means for South West fares?

When I book flihgt via SouthWest web site, there is a lower fare with a remark Web Only, what does Web Only actually means, any restriction for that ticket?

Chicago
Level Contributor
7,662 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: What is" Web Only" means for South West fares?

How about a telephone purchase using VOIP? :)

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What is" Web Only" means for South West fares?

Ohhh...TA is for the not so savvy traveller......To put them out of their misery....it means that if you ring the airline directly to make a booking, the person on the other end of the line will not give you the cheapest fare available for sale, they have to ignore anything marked "web only".

So if you want the cheapest fare available you have to make the booking yourself on the internet.

I too wondered about "VOIP"

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What is" Web Only" means for South West fares?

Think Skype.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What is" Web Only" means for South West fares?

Think Skype.>>>>>

My phone line is VOIP no more fixed copper landline for me

Edited: 9:20 am, July 09, 2013
15. Re: What is" Web Only" means for South West fares?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 11, 2014