We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Europa ????

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Air Europa ????

We are a family of three due to travel out with Air Europa from our local UK airport to Palma, Majorca, in July 2012. Can anyone give me any views on this airline, as what I have been reading is not very good? Thanks very much.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Europa ????

I don't know your departure airport, but isn't this only about a three hour flight?

If you've already booked, there's nothing you can do now, is there? Sometimes air travel is just something to be endured.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Europa ????

Yes, just over 2hours, but as it is not an airline I have heard of, I am sceptical on safety. My holiday tour operator cancelled my original flight and offered an alternate date, but failed to tell me change of airline! As I cannot access my original on line booking, I have only just found out, when making a second booking for family members this evening. Online reviews rate this airline quite poorly........therefore that is why I am looking for any travellers who have used this airline with first hand experience....please.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
77,598 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Europa ????

I don't think there is an airline in Europe that could be regarded as unsafe.

You can get surly cabin crew, bad food, cramped seating, etc., which can make a flight unpleasant; but a crash is very unlikely.

Folkestone, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Europa ????

I've heard that they are a good airline.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
15,590 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Europa ????

I've used them in the past on a couple of occasions, not had a problem with them. Not sure what you would/can do if other people say they've had a bad experience with them - would you cancel the holiday?

See it as a means of getting from A-B, charter airlines these days don't go above and beyond with their service - although Air Europa do offer scheduled flights too.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
32,686 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Europa ????

Air Europa are the third largest Spanish airline after Iberia and Vueling (actually Vuelinga re owned by Iberia). They get only a 2 star Skytrax rating so think Ryanair levels of service although it is afull service airline and member of the Sky Team alliance (think KLM, Air France and Delta).

They don't have much penetration to the UK which is why you have never heard of them. Probably the flight you are going on will be a charter from them.

Would not worry about safety. All EU airlines have to comply with pretty high safety standards and Air Europa have never had a major crash or infact any fatalities.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Europa ????

Air Europa are a very large Spanish airline. Do you remember and airline from the 80's based in the UK called Air Europe? If you do, you will find that they were sister companies, and whereas the UK airline failed back in 1991. Air Europa has continued to grow. They started off as a charter airline, flying for tour-operators all over europe to Spain. These days a lot of tour operators tend to use their own in house airline for flights, making it less common to see anything other than Thomson, Thomas Cook and Monarch at regional airports. However sometime these tour operators don't always have the available capacity within their own fleet and will charter in another airline. I flew with Air Europa in 1992, 2002 and 2007. I found them to be a very good airline. Seating is your standard european charter airline pitch, but the service was as a good as any UK airline, if not better.They fly Boeing 737's on the majority of the UK routes. These are no worse than the 737's Thomson use, granted some may be a couple of years older, however I would not worry about your flight. I would actually be more excited to fly on something a bit more different that what we in the UK are currently stuck with.

Tenerife, Spain
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Europa ????

Its a shame I have to say this, because I am Spanish, but try to avoid Air Europa. The ground personnal are arrogant and not polite. In our case the women in charge in Tenerife North (Dulce and Sandra) did not allow us to fly because the secuence of the names in their system were different than the passports. In our tickets the names were exactly the same as in the passports.

Gibraltar
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Europa ????

I have been on a transatlantic flight from cancun to Madrid trip was a bit up and down but the food that day u would not give it to a dog as I have two

drink was given by glass I have never seen his in my live f /crew ext out of there way

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
463 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Europa ????

I flew Air Europa from Madrid to Paris Orly a couple of years ago, a very similiar experience to flying Iberia ie you pay for food and drinks. Flight was on time, comfort on board was Ok