We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jet blue travel bank credit for fare drops

mass
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
jet blue travel bank credit for fare drops

I booked a flight last night on jet blue to Tampa on the 25th and just checked back and the flight dropped 25 dollars....such is life...Speaking with a friend i was told I can open up a travel bank and call the airline to get it credited in an account. I am wondering if anyone has experience doing this ?? Thank you.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,830 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: jet blue travel bank credit for fare drops

If you are within 24 hours, or midnight the next day, they might rebook it at the new price for free - policies vary by airline and I 'm not familiar with Jet Blue. Beyond that time period, they will make you pay the change fee which is most likely much higher than $25. I have done it a few times when the drop was more than the change fee, but on other airlines.

Call Jet Blue ASAP and ask about it.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
664 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jet blue travel bank credit for fare drops

I've done it many times with JetBlue. Set up your account and then call them to have the money placed in your account. You will need your account number, day of flight, and flight #.

I have never had a problem doing this.

home
Level Contributor
120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jet blue travel bank credit for fare drops

I have done it several times there is no cost and you have a year to use your credit,

4. Re: jet blue travel bank credit for fare drops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:40 am, June 18, 2013