We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Etihad - seat choice help needed

London
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Topic
Etihad - seat choice help needed

Can anyone tell me how I can change/choose seat allocation for Etihad.

I have made the reservation and been given seats on booking but was told I could change online at my leisure. However, I have looked and looked for the option, but have failed one and how I can do this.

Please help a very technically inadequate online user!

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,332 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Etihad - seat choice help needed

I've just had a quick look at their website and it didn't look obvious to me on how to change a seat. If you purchased your ticket from a travel agent you could ask them to change it for you.

London
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Etihad - seat choice help needed

Thanks for your reply ArjanAndy, and trying itfor yourself. glad to know that I am not the only one stumped by this.

I booked directly with Etihad over the phone. It was the person I spoke with who said I could change my seat allocation online. Thinking it would be obvious once online, I didn't ask the ins and outs of how to do it.

Hoping someone on this forum may have experience with it and know how I can go about changing seat allocations.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Etihad - seat choice help needed

I am pretty sure we've changed our seats on Etihad in the past ...... do you have a reference number? I think on the menu on the home page, left hand side, there is a bit called 'before you fly' click on that and then choose 'your itinerary' ..... type in your reference no and surname and you should be able to view your itinerary. I think you can change seats here.

I realise you would want to do it now, but you can definitely change at on line check in.

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Etihad - seat choice help needed

p.s. might be worth signing up to their rewards scheme and collect air miles .... you can usually see your itinerary there too. I just logged into mine and all my old flights are there.

London
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Etihad - seat choice help needed

I have already joined the loyalty scheme. I did try to log in to my itinerary and can see details etc, but nowhere for me to change seats etc.

I am truly losing the will to live with this one!

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Etihad - seat choice help needed

I could only do it 24 hours before I flew, when on line check in opened, possibly this is what the booking agent meant?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Etihad - seat choice help needed

I have the same problem - it is dead easy on Emirates but not obvious on Etihad

'before you fly' - does not work for this for me.

There is nothing I can find on their website that allows you to do this.

If you do to talk to Etihad - get them to take you through the website, step by step, to the command,. The on the phone reply 'its on the website" is the most common way to get you off the phone and out of their hair. The trick is to keep them on the phone until the issue is solved 100%.

I will ring them on Monday - such a simple operation with other carriers and yet so stupid with Etihad - they really need someone to review their website.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Etihad - seat choice help needed

On Etihad you can only select seats at booking time or at online check in.

uk rural
Level Contributor
119 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Etihad - seat choice help needed

I checked on the Etihad website today, "Contact Us" link, and called the London office telephone number provided. It took just a couple of minutes to check our seats for return flights LHR/BKK in November. We originally booked the flights in February.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Etihad - seat choice help needed

You can only change 24 hours before the flight it states this clearly on the website.