We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

Galway, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

In the final stages of booking Ryan Air flights online, when I enter my credit card details and press "purchase now" I get a message from the web site telling me that "an unknown error has occurred with my payment method........." I noticed that my card details defaults from Visa (which I enter before pressing "purchase now") to Ryanair Visa and my expiry date defaults from 08 (which I entered before pressing "purchase now") to 01.

Ryan Air say that the fault is not with their web site.

Is anybody else having the same problem??????

Please help.

116 replies to this topic
Cork, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Ireland
Level Contributor
13,393 posts
369 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

You actually got to speak to someone in RyanAir?

(BTW - I've never had a problem purchasing flights from them, not that I do it too often, my only problem is how the final cost bears no resemblance to what you might be lead to believe at the start of the process)

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,400 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

I have a pre pay Rubycard (Mastercard) that gets round Ryanair admin fee and a Visa Electron that gets round Aer Lingus admin fee. Never have a problem with booking just the pain in the backside using their revised site. Try going through a different server, I sometimes have to use Google Chrome to get past the payment page for Stena Line (always have to phone them if paying by Laser card)

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,300 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

Booked flights the other night with Ryanair using Mastercard,had no problems at all,only the flight dropped about €50 the following day !! Still got a good deal though.

Tony,entering the bloomin' code on the revised site drives me crazy !!!

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Valletta
Level Contributor
8,008 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

Just make sure that someone isnot trying to hack your machine first run a whole machine scan first then try.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

Last year I had problems using a visa debit card that I had used for booking a few weeks previously. It kept been declined, I tried husbands card for the same account but it had a different number and it went through first time.

The new revised site is a pain. If I change the search a few time I have to reenter the code. As someone who likes to play with dates to get a good price its off putting.

Reading, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

its happening to me too!!! I dont know how to fix it, did u manage to work it out?

Reading, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

I tried different cards, different computers, everything i can think of!

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

Ryanair are not accepting checkins at the moment due to system maintainance. Is it possible they are not accepting bookings either. Do a search and you will get more info as it has been in the news a lot.

Edited: 3:08 pm, May 19, 2012
D Y
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

We just had the exact same problem! We thought we were going crazy!

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????

ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-com-24-hour-webs… Looks like the site is completly closed until tomorrow.

Reply to: do you have a problem booking RyanAir flights online?????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted