We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Misspelled name on airline reservation

Cyprus
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Topic
Misspelled name on airline reservation

Hello,

I have made an online reservation with Etihad Airways and just realised that I wrote the last letter of the passenger's name wrong - I wrote an -r rather than an -l.

The flight is on Wednesday so I still have the time to contact the airlines. Do you know if they will ask me to pay fees for my mistake?

thanks

1. Re: Misspelled name on airline reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:52 am, December 20, 2011
Cyprus
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Misspelled name on airline reservation

I am sure I will.

I was hoping to find someone who had a similar experience to mine so I would know what to expect.

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,903 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Misspelled name on airline reservation

Hi,

I had a similar issue a few years ago with Gulf Air. I didn't encounter any problems.

You could try contacting them:

etihadairways.com/sites/…Offices.aspx

I attempted to get the address of the airline in Cyprus but to no avail.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Misspelled name on airline reservation

It all depends. Sometimes for a simple error such as one wrong letter, they will simply enter an OSI in the PNR documenting the error and there mayl be no charge.

However, depending on your itinerary, there may be security or passport issues involved that would necessitate a reissue of the ticket. In that case, I would expect to be charged.

5. Re: Misspelled name on airline reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, December 20, 2011
UK
Level Contributor
192 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Misspelled name on airline reservation

Ditto

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Misspelled name on airline reservation

Last May I was flying from Victoria BC, Seattle then to Puerto Vallarta Mexico with Alaskan Airlines. My DH spelled my name with an i rather then a Y as I always do but my passport has it with a Y.

He phoned and explained the sitution and the CS made a note of it and truly the check in staff did not even mention it at all, there or back.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Misspelled name on airline reservation

How things pan out may also depend on which end of the plane you will be seated in ;-) We're flying to the UK from Sydney next year, in first class (there's a first time for everything, woohoo!) and I had to email the chauffeur services department in Sydney regarding some problems I had booking that service. I put my work phone number in the email; well, I clicked 'send', went to the printer at the other end of our office (a small office), the phone rang and it was Etihad responding personally to my email! I can only put that down to us being in first class ;-)

I have rung them recently and, although it can take a little while to get through to the relevant department, the reps at the other end have always been courteous and helpful (and that was before they knew we are travelling in first class), so you should ring them as soon as you can to see what you can organise :-)

London
Level Contributor
8,161 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Misspelled name on airline reservation

Hope you will let us know bizelitsa if there was any charge, thats if certain comments havent put you off coming back with further posts - good luck.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Misspelled name on airline reservation

This has happened to me on an Emirates flight, I called them and they said they would add a note to the booking so that they would know at check in, they did in fact have the information and we didn't have a problem but you should contact them beforehand as all airlines have different policies.