We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA launches business class seat sale

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
289 reviews
BA launches business class seat sale

"In our biggest ever business class sale, we're celebrating our sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games by offering Executive Club Members pairs of Club World tickets for just £2012 (£1006 each).

Book a Club World seat by 5 December and you'll save an astonishing 60% on flights over Christmas to most of our long haul destinations around the world.

We've put 50,000 seats in the sale so as many people as possible can celebrate what will be a momentous year ahead with a luxurious flight to an amazing destination.

You could fly to Haneda-Tokyo to see the neon lights of Shinjuku and save almost £1397; samba in Sao Paulo and save £1653; or take off for the west coast and save £992 on flights to San Francisco, Los Angeles and Las Vegas.

But remember, you've only got until midnight on Monday 5 December to book your seats. That's not long to save 60% on some amazing flights - with all the Club World trimmings."

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,231 posts
275 reviews
1. Re: BA launches business class seat sale

Wow, this is major.. I wonder if Virgin will try to copy BA as usual..

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,330 posts
22 reviews
2. Re: BA launches business class seat sale

Would have been very tempting if I didn't have other things to be doing this year (unfortunately it's only for the Xmas / new year period)

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
16,205 posts
40 reviews
3. Re: BA launches business class seat sale

Timing's useless for me, too.

Clever marketing on BA's part. Over the Xmas & NY period, I'd expect high demand for the cheaper seats at the back from all those wishing to get away or to visit families in different countries, and pax will have had to plan and book their tickets for that period long ago. Of course, expenses-paid business travel falls off a cliff at that time of year, so they're looking to get paying bums on those seats, rather than freebie op ups. Will mean that EC members at the back hoping for a chance of a no cost upgrade may be disappointed, I'd guess.

SWT

uk
Level Contributor
3,409 posts
72 reviews
4. Re: BA launches business class seat sale

Agree - very clever marketing to maximise sales during a natural slump in business travellers.

I got all excited until I saw the dates.

Oh well!

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,770 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: BA launches business class seat sale

I got all excited till I saw the price, still too expensive for me, I need the cheap seats!!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,231 posts
275 reviews
6. Re: BA launches business class seat sale

£2,012 for Club World is cheap...

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
79 reviews
7. Re: BA launches business class seat sale

I'm going to bear this in mind for this time next year, £2,012 is very cheap for CW and that's for two pax return.....well it was when l looked earlier for LAS!

South West UK
Level Contributor
234 posts
11 reviews
8. Re: BA launches business class seat sale

"Wow, this is major.. I wonder if Virgin will try to copy BA as usual.."

Yup - Virgin are £1006 for an upper class fare if booked by Dec 5th and travel between 20th to 31st Dec + You get the Clubhouse at Heathrow

JB

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
13,461 posts
321 reviews
9. Re: BA launches business class seat sale

Shows that booking early can still be a better bet.

First return LHR/BKK for New Year is £1000 more than if you had booked 6 months ago, but is still a 45% discount on full price.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
8,820 posts
49 reviews
10. Re: BA launches business class seat sale

I'm going to bear this in mind for this time next year, £2,012 is very cheap for CW and that's for two pax return.....well it was when l looked earlier for LAS!

As a regular BA First/Club World flyer I keep myself pretty abreast of the regular sales both ex-US and ex-UK and I've not seen a sale for Xmas like this in the past. This is unlike the summer sales for Club World/First which are reliably easy to snag.