We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vayama is a Scam I can second that

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
2 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Vayama is a Scam I can second that

Booked ticket for international travel on 10/6 for travel 10/9. Constantly refreshed page to confirm that fare was genuine. Confirmation number received and checked with airline, all OK. The next day Vayama inform me ticket, cancelled. Why? Airline did not permit them to sell ticket at price that they stated. Called Vayama Customer Care, the agent was very arrogant and said that price not final until ticket issued. Would not give his name, would not put me to speak to a supervisor. Never experienced this type of situation or arrogance before. I would not recommend them nor will I ever use them no matter how "cheap" their fares may be. Its a scam.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Vayama is a Scam I can second that

So, is your issue with Vayama, Cheapo, or yourself for not putting in the correct dates and not knowing that *any* change would incur change fees and elevation to whatever the current tickets are going for? I know which I'd pick.

Plus... please don't dredge up other people's old threads to post new topics?

Ojai, CA
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Vayama is a Scam I can second that

I used Vayama a couple of years ago and got round trip tickets from LAX to Madrid for $300.00. No problems at all and that is a flight that is to good to be true.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Vayama is a Scam I can second that

I do not recommend using this site unless you are SURE what dates are you are travelling on

Probably good advice no matter where you purchase your tickets.

14. Re: Vayama is a Scam I can second that

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:37 am, March 07, 2012
Edited: 4:37 am, March 07, 2012
Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Vayama is a Scam I can second that

Book a trip for two to over sea from DFW to Vientaine ( Laos) on Jan 2012

to travel on march 24th 2012 two week later Vayama travel agent send email state that an airline change the schedule and offer alternate travel date or cancel trip with full refund. Uptill now nearly 10 months and i still not get my refund back from Vayama and every time i call cstomer services they alway run me around with no answer. Vayama excused that refund is delay an an airline (UA) and then told me that it will take 30 - 90 days to refund process policy. 180 days pass and i still not get my refund and run out of luck to contact Vayama via phone or email. I decide to contact an airline (UA) for the refund and they ask why do request a refund when i explain to them and told me that Vayama travel agent never did requested for my refund to UA .So far i paid $ 1370.00 for each ticket and up to now my credit card company been chaging me for an interest over the cost of the fare.

Please think before booking with Vayama Travel Agent.

Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Vayama is a Scam I can second that

If you have a better way to make Vayama refund my money please let me know, all i can think of it let the public know how Vayama is operate and rip off people money by not taking a rsspondsbility when come to deal with problem whci cause by Vayama not telling traveler and held back the fund of traveler.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,338 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Vayama is a Scam I can second that

Is there a better way? First welcome to the forum. Second, please don't dig up old threads and tack your issue on to the end. It does you little good and irritates many who attempt to respond to the original poster, and not you.

Yes, there is... read some of the threads and you will find that they listen and help people resolve issues... even issues that are the traveller's fault. You can even find direct contact info.

And you should have reported the charge to your credit card company a long time ago.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Vayama is a Scam I can second that

Send a message through tripadvisor to Voyamavoice - the person in post #7 perhaps he still works there.

Also is the credit card you used to buy the tickets still active (i.e. expiry date still current)? If not Vayama won't be able to refund back to it.

You can dig up old threads if you want, I wouldn't be able to give you the above advice if you hadn't.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Vayama is a Scam I can second that

You can dig up old threads if you want, I wouldn't be able to give you the above advice if you hadn't

They could have started a new thread.

Brucev - it's vayamavoice. Go to Post #7 in this post, click on this user name and you may send them a private message.

It seems quite strange you have waited for seven months to receive a refund. Agree, you should have reported this to your credit card company long ago. Try that, and contact David at Vayama.

Edited: 8:34 pm, October 12, 2012
Dallas, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
20. Re: Vayama is a Scam I can second that

True I should have but since Every time I call Vayama customer services they always tell me that refund is in process and may take I-2 bill cycle which why I am stil paid for an interest for the trip. As now I am trying to deal with UA direct but now facing the problem that refund must be requested by the agent (Vayama).