We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

Denmark
Level Contributor
182 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

Visting Vancouver August 2012 the search for tickets is on! It seems that we can save 800 Euro by travelling Billund-Frankfurt-Vancouver and back with Lufthansa and Condor Flugdienst but we have never heard about Condor and are wondering if someone has any experience with the airline?

Thanks in advance :)

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

Condor is the charter flight airline of Thomas Cook but also operates some scheduled flights. They have been in business since 1955.

You can check reviews here:

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/condor.htm

Port Harcourt...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

I am on the look out for information regarding anyone's experience with Condor Flugdienst on Frankfurt - Calgary route.

The pricing is somehow unbelievable

Port Harcourt...
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

The website given was okay and good to check them out. The reactions are mixed and it looks to me they seek every possible avenue to make up for their low ticket quote.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

Just be aware that low cost flights dont come without negatives.

Any errors, even on their part, you may lose all your money, for example something as simple as the wrong name or date entered. So before pressing "buy", double check the details yourself, then check once more, THEN get someone else to check. Then print out the final page before pressing buy. And after. Use a credit card even if there is a surcharge.

Note that if you want to make any changes, you may lose all your money.

Note that if there are any timetable changes, you may have a nightmare getting flights rearranged, and rearranged to your satisfaction.

In summary, don't imagine that just because you bought a flight from A to B at half the price of the airline, you bought the identical product. Its not just a seat on a plane, its also the amount and quality of customer service, and how much flexibility there is from the company you bought from.

As an example there is another company discussed here that sells return flights, A-B and B-A with different airline each way. If the A-B route is cancelled by the first airline, you get your money back for that but are still left with the B-A leg, you cannot get a refund for that. Or if you are at B, and then the B-A airline cancels its route, you'll get a refund but need to buy a single back at your own high expense. Would you be in the same position with this company?

I'm not saying any or all of these horrors may apply to your case, but you have only to look at these forums for a while to realise what a minefield booking via a third party is. Its bad enough booking with the airlines without another company getting in the way :-)

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

i flew them when they belonged to lufthansa

even then there was no dienst during the flug.

cant imagine things have improved under thomas cook.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

Joe,

Condor Flugdienst is an airline - not a 3rd party booking agency.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

I thought Condor had folded as I haven't seen them for years. They used to be quite good in their comfort class at the time they were part of LH. Remember, you will get what you pay for. Don't expect rules and services you would get with a full fare ticket on revular carriers. A cheap ticket has strings attached.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

Condor Flugdienst is an airline - not a 3rd party booking agency

==============

Yes but I had assumed (I know, not always a good thing :-) that in order to split the journey's two legs over two airlines, a third party booking agency would be needed. I doubt (though I'm happy to be proved wrong) that as an example, you could book a two leg flight on say American Airlines, leg 1 with American, return leg with say United.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

So your reply was addressed to an 8 months old post?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,556 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone heard of Condor Flugdienst?

necroposters at it again.........