We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jet2

ayrshire
Level Contributor
345 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
jet2

Has anybody used this company for a package holiday?We are thinking of booking next years holiday to Tenerife through them.We had never heard of them until today in the travel agents.Any views or info would be very much appreciated.Cheers Andy

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,919 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jet2

Booked a group last year to Portugal. Flights were on time, no problems. Would use again if flight times were suitable.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,837 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jet2

Never used them but a quick look at their website shows they are ABTA/ATOL bonded so you have that financial protection.

I believe they are also a low cost airline and whilst they might be cheap you will get what you pay form in terms of quality.

TomC

ayrshire
Level Contributor
345 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jet2

Normally we travel with Thomas Cook and are looking at the Parque Santiago in Tenerife.Flight times are better for us with Jet2 and the savings are around £400 compared to Thomas Cook and also Thomsons.Thanks for the replies so far.Cheers Andy

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,919 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jet2

They are a LCC but to be honest the aircraft were no worse than TC and Thomsons. No IFE but that is not unusual anymore. On the Canaries routes they usually have rows of extra legroom seats at the front of the cabin which are good, especially it you're on the tall side. Not sure if they're still offering inflight meals, but the food was far better than most airplane food we've eaten.

We would have used them for Lanzarote again but the flight times weren't what we wanted. We are thinking of booking another package with them for the warm weather training trip next year.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jet2

Used them a few of times, always had good flights with them. I was looking at booking a package with them a couple of weeks ago as they had an offer of £100 off every booking. Prices were reasonable before the discount, but we were looking at paying less than £750 for two spending two weeks AI in Calas de Mallorca next June in 3* accommodation.

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: jet2

One big advantage of Jet2 is the amount of leg room in an "ordinary seat", far more than most other airlines. We used them to go to Rhodes, could not fault them.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: jet2

We have used them to travel to Rhodes, a lot more legroom in the "ordinary" seats. So impressed we are going with them again shortly!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: jet2

I flew Jet2 also with no problem, but I would not call them a LLC, may be upper end LLC, compared to EasyJet they are quite expensive. I researched prices for my sons trip to Cyprus, Monarch and Thomsons were much cheaper

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
19,465 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: jet2

Not wanting to nitpick Jessy, but it should be LCC - as in 'Low Cost Carrier'. ;-)

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,133 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: jet2

Ah yes ! sorry ... slip of the finger

Just noticed you're a DE for Leeds , I will be needing some advice from you shortly :-) Flying from Leeds/Bradford in Sept

Edited: 4:28 am, July 30, 2011