We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stansted Parking

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Stansted Parking

Has anyone used Pentagon Meet & Greet Parking. Seems a reasonable price (if there is one) compared to all other parking options. Is there a reason they are much cheaper?

Thanks

77 replies to this topic
Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,551 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stansted Parking

I can't answer your question about Pentagon as I have never flown from Stanstead. However there was a similar thread on the Southampton forum about car parking. It appeared that some of these companies would 'park' your car in a local street or an open piece of ground and your car was not parked in a secure area. This was why they were always a meet and greet service! and why they are so cheap.

I don't know if this is the case with Pentagon but it would be worth checking before booking and handing over your car. Personally I only use the BAA site to book my parking, that way I know they are an approved company.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,488 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stansted Parking

We fly from STN a few times a year and always take the car to the airport. We normally pre book the long stay car park. They bus you to the terminal and the bus is very regular, takes about 10 to 15 mins. It is a very large car park and the car stays in the same place that you have parked it.

I don't know Pentagon and would agree with smudge99.

We generally book our airport parking at both STN and LGW with Holiday Extras as their prices are good and we have never had any problem with them. However, there are lots of booking options.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stansted Parking

When I have used M&G at Stansted, I have used Stansted Valet Parking booked through Holiday Extras.

cambridge uk
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stansted Parking

I used Pentagon meet and greet parking over May half term for 5 nights.

It was much cheaper than the others (£35), reliable - they were there on time and when we went to red parking zone they were already there. Excellent performance. Recommended.

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stansted Parking

Last year I did a multi-centre, 3 week holiday to Asia flying from Stansted. At the time, the cheapest parking option was about 160GBP.

However, I used a website that is called; Park at my House and parked on a private drive in Bishops Stortford for 58GBP plus 5GBP to drop me at the airport.

I have since booked a similar deal 2 minutes from the O2 for BGT next week for only 10GBP, half the O2 price.

Take a look, the website is well run and has it's own review forum (and you could save a small fortune)!

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stansted Parking

I have just returned from holiday in Sorrento and used Pentagon Meet and Greet. Service was very smooth, efficient and arrived earlier than the time I had agreed to as we got through customs etc early. They were there to collect the car and drop back to us within ten minutes each time. No problems. Will use again.

J T
Guildford, United...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Stansted Parking

do you happen to know if your car was parked securely?

colchester
Level Contributor
1,465 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stansted Parking

Never heard of pentagon, but have frequently used Mercury, who also trade as Stansted Valet parking.

Due to use them next month, now my booking agent has contacted me to say they have moved my booking to Orange meet & greet.

Any one got any info on Orange, or used them, or have any recent problems with my original company.

I am currently in discussion with the agent, about why they wish to move my contract from my preferred partner to theirs, and at the minute they'renot being very forthcoming.

Any help appreciated,

Jaycine x

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stansted Parking

I used pentagon parking several times through a booking agent but now they have their own website so i book with them direct. www.pentagonparking.com

I have found them to be very good (and cheap too). I visited the car park to make sure my car was safe and secure and it was.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,431 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stansted Parking

Avoid Pentagon meet & greet at all costs and they go under various different names as well.

First of all my vehicle was returned half an hour late, and with an additional 26 miles on the clock so they obviously don;t know the concept of meet and greet.

When the driver pulled up, I told him i was not happy with the wait, he then threw the ticket at my wife, told me to f*****g sort it out ourselves, called me a w****r and told me to kiss his a**e he then literally ran away.

I then went around my car only to notice some damage to the drivers door, and as the driver ran away he didn't give me the returns form that we're supposed to sign.

I called the company the moment i got home, only to be told I had to follow the complaints proceedure, which I did by the book.

I have since recieved a reply saying they are not liable and for me to take them to court.

As to which I am going to do.

Crooks of the highest order and bottle jobs, and I hope our paths cross some day, as what goes around comes around.

Reply to: Stansted Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted