We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Track - Benefits??

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Fast Track - Benefits??

I've booked an early morning (7am) flight from Liverpool airport in August and been offered "security fast-track" for about £4 per person - is there any point???

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,847 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fast Track - Benefits??

You can by it online for £3.50 or on the day for £4 at the airport. As long as you arrive in plenty of time for your flight (check in etc) there shouldn't be any need for security fast track.

If you were to arrive late at the airport because of traffic issues it might get you through security a little quicker but I'd personally just wait until the day of travel. See link for more information.

http://www.liverpoolairport.com/fasttrack/

TomC

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fast Track - Benefits??

I didn't realize you could buy fast track pass! I thought it was only for upper tier and those travelling business or first.

What airline are you flying?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fast Track - Benefits??

I didn't realize you could buy fast track pass! I thought it was only for upper tier and those travelling business or first.

Liverpool is unusual in that the airport authorities sell it directly to passengers on any airline.

You're right that most of the time you are required to be in business, first or have elite status to use the priority line. Some airlines, United spring to mind, do allow non-status economy passengers to buy access to the priority security line for a small fee.

4. Re: Fast Track - Benefits??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:46 pm, July 20, 2017
Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fast Track - Benefits??

I fly from Liverpool reguarly. It can be quite busy as the first flights out of Liverpool are around 06.00am ish and there are about 14 flights out in the first hour ish. But I have never paid for fastrack, as security there are pretty efficient and never queued more than 10 minutes even when its busy.

Llandudno North...
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fast Track - Benefits??

Liverpool is unusual in that the airport authorities sell it directly to passengers on any airline.

You're right that most of the time you are required to be in business, first or have elite status to use the priority line. Some airlines, United spring to mind, do allow non-status economy passengers to buy access to the priority security line for a small fee.

----------------------------------------------------------

Liverpool is not unusual, many UK airports offer this service, including Manchester, Bristol , Edinburgh, Leeds, Newcastle and Luton.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fast Track - Benefits??

Liverpool is not unusual, many UK airports offer this service, including Manchester, Bristol , Edinburgh, Leeds, Newcastle and Luton.

Didn't know that, not that my travels call for travel via those airports much but useful nonetheless, thanks!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
340 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fast Track - Benefits??

Wish they sold it at LHR - well worth the 4 pounds in my opinion

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,974 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Fast Track - Benefits??

It was quite funny as I passed through security in edinburgh a few weks ago,there was a bigger queue at the fast track line then there was at the main security lines.

I rtavel through Edinburgh a fair bit and have never had anymore than a couple of minutes wait at security there,no chance I would pay to get fast tracked.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,242 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fast Track - Benefits??

It was quite funny as I passed through security in edinburgh a few weks ago,there was a bigger queue at the fast track line then there was at the main security lines.

Happens more often than you might think, particular at LHR T5. As you have the Club and First desks right by South Security there's a very high proportion of F/J/elite status travellers going through there.

Even if the lines for Fast Track is a bit longer I still go with it because by and large the passengers in the priority line are regulars and know the drill.