We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dial a flight-questionable company

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
dial a flight-questionable company

I wish I had read this post before contacting Dial a flight. The staff are very flippant and most importantly, the flights are not cheaper. I say this because I was spoken to in a rude manner by one of their managers and lost £800. In short, they do not tell you upfront that you may loose all your money [I was told I could change my ticket]. When I tried to complain they ignored my emails, fobbed me off and when I finally spoke to someone who claimed to be their manager his response to me was "I have to run a business". He forgot that one of the rules of running a business is good customer service!! I later on contacted the airline and was told if I had come to them directly I would have been able to change my ticket...

110 replies to this topic
South London
Level Contributor
1,403 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dial a flight-questionable company

I'm quite suprised to read this, I've dealt with them for yonks now and although every person encounters a problem or two (force majeure and such) I've never had any issues with the level of service, which to be fair, I've always enjoyed the personal touch :)

Were you trying to change or cancel a ticket?

Have you tried their customer care team?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dial a flight-questionable company

"I wish I had read this post before contacting Dial a flight"

What post? Your's was the first. While I'm very leary on the use of third parties for personal travel, I'm even more so for business travel.

Simply put... book directly with the airlines. If you insist on using a 3rd party, the first people you check with for a change are the airlines.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,535 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dial a flight-questionable company

Very confused and since this is your first point, it adds to the confusion. I almost always do direct with the vendor (airline or hotel), but when I'm researching an on-line agent company, I also do a Trip Advisor search to research past posts about a company - and I found several about this company - good and bad.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: dial a flight-questionable company

DialAFlight has an unrivalled reputation in the travel industry so I’m very surprised to hear this complaint. However we have 300 sales staff looking after 500,000 customers a year and things do therefore sometimes go wrong. We take our service ethic and reputation very seriously so if this is a genuine posting please contact us at DialAFlight Customer Care on 020-7459-3762 email customer.services@dialaflight.co.uk and we will investigate what has happened. We will also be happy to post the results of our investigation on this forum. Karen Hart, Head of Legal and Consumer Affairs DialAFlight.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dial a flight-questionable company

I have called my contact at Dial a flight 3 times and emailed the suggested customer service address twice but as yet no response to my emails sent with a number of days in-between and I keep being told that a payment taken from my card will be refunded but nothing ever gets put into my acct even after 30 days. Dial a flight have agreed that they have to refund me however there seems to be an inability to actually put the money into my acct. They were speedy at taking it in the first place though! Not 100% satisfied with this company and would suggest to shop around if your looking for a 3rd party to book your flights/car rental etc.

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
1 post
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dial a flight-questionable company

I can only say I have used Dial-a-flight twice for self made packages involving several hotels, flights and car hire in Malaysia last March and California/ NYC last month. Both times all arrangements went very smoothly, and I had excellent efficient service from the company itself.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dial a flight-questionable company

Good to see both positive and negative reviews here. I used dial-a-flight to travel to San Fran from London and the fly back from LAX. Also booked a hire car through them. The booking process was easy enough and the flights were the cheapest I could find at the time HOWEVER I did not do an extensive search as was pushed for time.

The flights were with United and it's was obvious why they were cheap(ish). The plane was ancient, the tv in the back of the seat in front was very old tec and didt work properly and my seat recline button was broken so I had to sit bolt upright for the 10+ hour flight. I mentioned this to the steward who did nothing, actualy laughed when I told him as they knew the seat was broken and had been for some months, and said I had to complain when we landed.

Not a great start but also not dial-a-flights fault. You get what you pay for therefore dial-a-flight sell cheap tickets because the air company are below standards.

Where dial-a-flight did let me down was once with the hire car where after booking and paying in advance I decided to extend by a day. Again I paid in advance and was told all was booked. Money was taken for the extra day and I recieved my confirmation itinery. HOWEVER a few weeks later, 1 week before I traveled, the rep called back to say the extra day could now not be booked. I asked why and was told the hire company had decided the day was blacked out. I explained I had booked and paid for accommodation for the extra day and was basically told tough. I asked for a refund of the extra days car hire and told I'd get it in 48 hours.

Three weeks later the refund had still not gone into my acct. I had called Dial-a-flight 5 times and emailed. When I called I was told the refund was due to be paid straight away and I got no response to emails. As a last resort I wrote on dial-a-flights FaceBook page making a very public fuss. Needless to say within 24 hours the funds were back in my account and a little 'extra' I guess to keep me quiet!

All in all dial-a-flight did their job to a point. They have access to bulk seats on planes at a discount which they may or may not pass onto their customer depending on how much you haggle. I would certainly do a whole load more research next time before taking the lazy option using an agency/3rd party.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: dial a flight-questionable company

It is not unusual, or necessarily bad to have an "ancient" looking plane on the inside but mostly new and very reliable on the outside. You don't get cheaper fares for flying on broken or older equipment. They don't assign such equipment to cheap routes.

If you have broken seats, AVOD, or some other service item, make note of its specific location, and drop a note to UA customer service. Be sure that you include your contact info and your UA MileagePlus number. You will usually be compensated.

leicestershire
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: dial a flight-questionable company

Just a quick message to say that I am a very hard person to please when it comes to booking holidays - but in the last couple of years I have come accross dialaflight and spoken with Gareth - his customer service has been excellent, he has always made great suggestions for hotels, been able to ammend plans over and over again when i have changed my mind, always been patient and not only that - they have always given me the best price by far - with some great bargains on some top hotels. I always use them now and can honestly say they are the best company i have managed to fall accross in the past years and would certainly not hesitate to recommend them. Speak to Gareth!

R K
Dymchurch, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: dial a flight-questionable company

I agree no idea what this chap is on about, have used this company for some 4 years now for various trips to various places and the staff have always been more than helpful, on one occasion getting me an upgrade to a better airline AFTER I had booked.

Reply to: dial a flight-questionable company
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted