We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat selection on Turkish airlines???

Columbus
Level Contributor
219 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Seat selection on Turkish airlines???

Hi all

I purchased a round-trip ticket on Turkish Airlines online. Because I did it early, was unable to get a seat assignment. Their website says you can't get a seat assignment until you are within 100 days of the flight.

At 100 days before the flight, I tried to get a seat assignment online and was unable to. I called their customer support number, and they said you had to be within 90 days of the flight.

I am now 90 days from the flight. I can't get a seat assignment online. i called their customer service and was told they have no idea when I'll get a seat assignment. They suggest that if i call back at the end of the month, they will be able to tell me on what date I'll be able to get a seat assignment.

I'm a bit frustrated. Can anyone tell me how you actually get a seat assignment when you have bought your ticket on line and more than 3 months before your travel date?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat selection on Turkish airlines???

I have no personal experience, but this seems to be a common problem:

flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-s…

Columbus
Level Contributor
219 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat selection on Turkish airlines???

Thanks, Gracie-boo. At least I know I'm not the only one!

Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat selection on Turkish airlines???

I am having the same problem. I purchased tickets in February and we're flying at the end of April...so in less than 90 days. I called THY and they told me to call back next week. Have you had any luck?

4. Re: Seat selection on Turkish airlines???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 am, March 18, 2011
Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
458 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seat selection on Turkish airlines???

hi jigaly and redk, i'm looking to book a flight with turkish airlines and i'm just wondering how ye got on with your seat selection? were ye able to book a seat eventually? how near to your flight date were ye able to book? any response would be great....

Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Seat selection on Turkish airlines???

I was able to reserve seats last week and our flight is on 27 April. I was not able to do it online. It seems their system is always down. I called Turkish Airline and reserved seats through their agent. Good luck!

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seat selection on Turkish airlines???

Although their website says advance seat selection is available 100 days prior to departure, their seat maps aren't always updated very timely in their computer. Your best bet is to keep calling Turkish and asking, as I never saw this as an option on their website. I'm flying them in late May and was only able to get a seat assigned last week.

8. Re: Seat selection on Turkish airlines???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 19, 2012