We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA Computer Problems

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,663 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
BA Computer Problems

Hi, BA is, apparently, having problems with their computer and passengers with bookings made by partner airlines on BA are not able to access their reservations through BA's Manage My Booking. As this is how a passenger books their seat, checks in online, orders special meals, etc., it can impact your travel planning. BA, so far, are not particularly responsive to questions about this problems and there is no date for resolution. The flyertalk miles and points forum has a thread about the issue and a BA staffer reads the posts there. She indicates she is checking on the issue but no info yet.

Is anyone here having problems with the BA MMB website?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: BA Computer Problems

I too wonder about some of the moans at FT about BA. Flying in J or F is something that (let's say) nine out of ten who travel every day can only consider from a seat in Economy. Ultimately an F or J seat is still just a seat on a form of public transport. Yes, it would be a pleasure to have very good meals and a decent glass of wine with the food but I'm not going to get my trews in a knot because there are only two choices of white wine instead of three, the starter isn't to my liking or the duvet is just the wrong shade of blue.

kileysmom, please do let us know what happens at LAX and after your journey. Hopefully all will be to your liking.

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,663 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: BA Computer Problems

Let's all hope BA redeems themselves and my friend regrets refusing to fly with them!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: BA Computer Problems

<<I find their North American call centre one of the least-desirable areas in dealing with the airline.>>

Yep, standard advice in the flyertalk forums for North American customers is to call the UK call centre :-)

Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,663 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: BA Computer Problems

Okay - several days into my trip, BA repaired their computers (I cannot imagine why it takes a corporation in today's world over a month to repair a computer glitch....) and I did receive a form e-mail saying it was repaired. Then I received another form e-mail saying they were sorry about the extreme rudeness of their staff member but nothing more.

Travel with BA - with one exception, every staff member I encountered on the ground (LAX, LHR, ZRH and SEA) were very professional and pleasant. The one exception was a cabin crew out of Zurich yesterday who found it difficult to speak to passengers and would respond to requests without speaking a single word or smiling....truly strange. She did finally ask if we wanted tea or coffee but I didn't hear another word from her. She actually handed one passenger a paper he requested without looking at him or responding to his thank you. There didn't seem to be an illness or some other problem as she was chatting happily with her fellow crew. I traveled in Club World and Club Europe on all flights.

Pre-flight - I'll take just about any airline over BA - the service was truly awful with one exception. During flight and airport customer service staff were at least average if not above average. Food - some quite nice and some less than average for the class of travel. Club Europe is not particularly comfortable (I knew this as I travel BA quite a lot within Europe) but is slightly less crowded than economy as the middle seat is kept empty as the justification for the higher fare. Club World - seats are not as comfortable generally as I expected after all the hoopla - on the 747 in a window seat - excellent space and storage but on the 777 in 11A, not very convenient. They need to put in some hooks and a couple of pockets for those little things you need during flight as there is one very small drawer at floor level (you can't reach it easily). The flat bed is nice and more comfortable than Delta's IMHO.

Hope this helps others trying to decide if BA is worth the extra miles/fare in the business class cabins.

Edited: 2:11 pm, February 16, 2011
New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: BA Computer Problems

Pre-flight - I'll take just about any airline over BA - the service was truly awful

Am a bit confused. You initally said that 'every staff member I encountered on the ground (LAX, LHR, ZRH and SEA) were very professional and pleasant' then said the above later!

Edited: 2:33 pm, February 16, 2011
Anchorage, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Anchorage, Zermatt
Level Contributor
17,663 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: BA Computer Problems

Hi, I should have been more clear - the staff I encountered at the airports and on board - the telephone center staff were the ones that were not very helpful or professional and, in at least one instance, were downright rude and nasty.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,328 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: BA Computer Problems

Gotcha, thanks!

18. Re: BA Computer Problems

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 17, 2012