We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lufthansa

manchester
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Lufthansa

I recently travelled to Turin and back flying with Lufthansa from Manchester. We were due to return on the day in December when lots of airports were completely closed and flghts around Europe were cancelled and delayed.

I am so glad that we were flying with Lufthansa, as soon as they knew our flight was cancelled, we were given rescehduled flights, meal and drinks vouchers while waiting in Turin for our connection to Munich. When arriving at Munich airport we noticed lots of camp beds which we thought we might have to spend the night on, but no Lufthansa arranged a hotel plus a taxi voucher to the hotel. We arrived at the hotel at 11.30pm and there was a hot buffet waiting for us, the next morning a full buffet breakfast was waiting, plus transport back to the airport.

Lufthansa staff remained pleasant and helpful throughout our 24 hour delay despite the unusual number of displaced planes, staff and travellers, and I would have no hesitation at recommending them to other travellers and using them again in the near future.

Other travellers we talked to in Turin and Munich airport using other airline companies had been stranded for longer than we were, without food or accommodation.

Well done Lufthansa.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,798 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lufthansa

"Lufthansa staff remained pleasant and helpful throughout our 24 hour delay despite the unusual number of displaced planes, staff and travellers..."

Thanks for your comments. It has been a very challenging period for many airlines and pax. I myself was stranded in FRA for a while. It is good to see that some companies know how to deal with stressed out people.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,146 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lufthansa

Well done Lufthansa.

and well done you for posting a positive experience.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lufthansa

I'd read some negative comments about Lufthansa recently though we found them to be quite good, but that was in 2002. I am glad to know that they treated you well in such a bad situation.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lufthansa

IWe recently had return flights from Hong Kong to Frankfurt. It was a completely positive experience even if it was in a dated 747. At least the seats had a bit of "give" in them. Their almost clinical businesslike approach was reassuring. I was a bit amused when taking off from HK the pilot said we will be landing betweeb 1730 and 1735. I didn't see anyone being that accurate on a 12 hour flight, given that he also said they were flying further north over moscow to avoid some winds. However we touched down in FRA at 1733!

They have this "calm" or "relax" track on their sound system. On the way over it was really useful. It was the first time I havn't felt panic in mild turbulence. I didn't use it on the way back, in 12 hours the seat belt sign only came on for the landing.

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond-upon-Thames, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lufthansa

definitely a thumbs up to LH...

Have flown them numerous times and have always had a positive experience.

San Francisco...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Lufthansa

Lufthansa is the worse airline I have ever flown. The service desks mislead you and make false statements about seat assignments and services. The seats in coach are extremely tight and uncomfortable. And there is no remorse for any of their many errors.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
12,797 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lufthansa

Or to translate: "I didn't get the seat I wanted and therefore they are the worst airline ever!" Am I in the right ballpark?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lufthansa

Is this the week for pulling up old threads from January?

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond-upon-Thames, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,145 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lufthansa

On the nose Lex : P

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
17,782 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lufthansa

Very re-assuring to hear - even if it's from January. I am heading off RTW and most flights are with LH. They offered a fabulous RTW Business Class deal but hearing all the negative feedback on this and other forums about LH I was getting a bit concerned. I feel much better now.