We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Martinair cease flights from AMS - MCO Jan 2011

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Martinair cease flights from AMS - MCO Jan 2011

As I already have a flight booked through Netflights, LPL - AMS -MCO, what happens now? Will they just refund? Or will they put me onto a KLM flight, with further stops? :-( And will I have any say in inconvenient layovers in airports?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Martinair cease flights from AMS - MCO Jan 2011

You are correct, it is the responsibility of the airline to offer you a re-routing so you should wait for that offer to be made before you do anything. You haven't cancelled anything (the airline has) so you are not liable for any cancellation charges.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: Martinair cease flights from AMS - MCO Jan 2011

It gets worse! I have been re-routed from a one stop flight as follows:

Lpl - Ams, Ams - Detroit, Detroit - Orland...with a 25 minute connection from Ams to Detroit. How the hell will I make that?

Then on our return I have Orlando - Memphis, Memphis - Ams, Ams - Lpl...but only a 40 minute connection in Memphis. And if I do make that connection, I will NEVER make the next one, as I land in Ams at 11,25am, but my plane departs for Lpl at 9.40am!!!!!

I have contacted KLM - their response seemed positive: Dear Mr Hunt,

We thank you for your e-mail.

I checked your reservation with number YPHDQB and see that indeed the arrival on the 11th of august

in Amsterdam doesn't match the departure from Amsterdam to Liverpool on the 11th of august.

Please contact the KLM reservation office as soon as possible so we can offer you an alternative.

I contacted them by phone and was told to contact Netflights to sort out alternative times. Netflights said there is an amendment fee!!!! They said I am now in "a queue for amendments", and they will contact me in due course. I would have thought I would have a say in what flights I am to be put on, and I am miffed at being asked for an amendment fee, which I have refused to pay.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,500 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Martinair cease flights from AMS - MCO Jan 2011

Just looked on KLM website at your dates, I can see the following as an option:-

LPL-AMS-ATL-MCO. As an alternative which gets into MCO later there is LPL-AMS-JFK-MCO. These are with KLM & Delta.

As you've got your reservation number I would proactively contact KLM and tell them about these options - the sooner you contact them the better.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Martinair cease flights from AMS - MCO Jan 2011

KLM said they don't have a problem putting us on another flight as the rescheduling was their mistake, but it must be done through Netflights. Netflights, however, want an amendment fee, and are also reluctant to do ANYTHING!!!! I'm going to get my angry husband to ring them tomorrow, as being nice has got me nowhere.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,500 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Martinair cease flights from AMS - MCO Jan 2011

If you're on facebook then search KLM. Ask the question on there about changing your flight, seem to be good answers on there.

16. Re: Martinair cease flights from AMS - MCO Jan 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 15, 2012