We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

no fly holiday from uk to florida?

cambridge
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
no fly holiday from uk to florida?

Hi There

Can anyone help please,my family and i wish to travel to Orlando Florida by cruise and stay there for 7-14 days,i am having trouble finding a cruise line that goes from UK to Florida,i don't mind sorting out accommodation separately but it has to be a no fly holiday.

i have emailed some travel agents and i am awaiting reply but i just can not seem to find what i am looking for..

thank you :0)

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: no fly holiday from uk to florida?

you might get more answers on the cruise forum since this one is dedicated to air travel!

the first thing that comes to my mind; most cruises from uk to florida are one-way re-positioning cruises in the autumn as ships plying the med routes in summer go to the carribbean for the winter.

there are a few cruises which take in miami but would not allow for staying in florida. perhaps you could figure something out with a cruise to new york, then a sector on an american cruise line new york to miami, then return? cost an arm and a leg, mind............

pam

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,513 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: no fly holiday from uk to florida?

You could cruise across on the QE2 (to New York ) -only takes 3or so days

(often adverts in the Sunday times )then drive down to Florida

But how would you get home ?

If you do not wish to fly I suggest you stay in Europe

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,507 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: no fly holiday from uk to florida?

I think you might be posting in the wrong forum if you are looking for a no fly holiday. This is the air travel forum.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,755 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: no fly holiday from uk to florida?

This is probably the only Transatlantic crossings you'll find other than the re-positioning cruises previously mentioned.

http://www.cunard.com/

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,100 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: no fly holiday from uk to florida?

It will be much easier to help if you mention the month(s) in which you'd like to travel.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: no fly holiday from uk to florida?

<<i just can not seem to find what i am looking for..>>

I'm not surprised as the trip there and back would easily take up all of 7 days and most of the 14 days, add to that the cost, probably 5-10x a typical fly drive holiday, and the target market for this is probably about 1, eg you.

Spend some of the additional money you'd have spent on a cruise, on a fear of flying course. Or, have everyone go except for the person with the fear and have them do their own thing.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,861 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: no fly holiday from uk to florida?

I doubt if many repositioning cruises would run from the UK - you are probably going to have to travel to Barcelona or Genoa to catch such ships. Fortunately this is relatively easy - see www.seat61.com

BUT how are you going to get back? The repositioning cruises back to the Med won't be until the spring so you'd have to spend several months in the US - this would mean having to get a visa as the VWP only allows a maximum of 90 days in the US AND SURROUNDING COUNTRIES.

The only options would be a cruise from NY via Cunard or get a freighter (google Freighter cruises).

Overall you'd probably have to allocate anything from 2 to 6 weeks just for getting to & from Florida

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,472 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: no fly holiday from uk to florida?

To get between New York and Florida you can travel by train, rather than the suggestion of looking for a US coastal cruise. Go to amtrak.com/servlet/…1237405732505 and click Silver Service/Palmetto for the timetable.

cambridge
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: no fly holiday from uk to florida?

thank to all have commented on my post and sorry for posting on the wrong forum i will re-post..i am looking to do this for Xmas next December to be in Florida in time for Xmas...

again thank you for trying to help i will visit your suggestion :0)

10. Re: no fly holiday from uk to florida?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, January 03, 2011