We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
463 reviews
Save Topic
URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

Just spoke to AA re: my hubby's flight on 25th Sept 6.50am (originally was 24/9 at 11.30pm got cancelled) is now cancelled again. There is 1 flight left at 11.30pm on 25/9.

Lady said there are no flights at all from Perth to KL on 26th and 27th Sept (they've all been cancelled as well) and she cannot tell me why. So we had the choice of either leaving that night on 25/9 or wait until 28/9 .

I do feel sorry for all the Perthies that don't know.

Edited: 10:27 am, September 18, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,138 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

What the hell is going on here???????

Unforgivable.

C.

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

That is really tough going. But why those dates, what else is in store?

Perth, Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

Thanks for keeping us updated. I am very worried now we are scheduled to leave on the 30th sept from Perth. Have already had the return cancelled with no notification from AA. Thanks to forum managed to change that flight. Of course it's all the repercussions from

the cancellation, transfers hotel bookings etc. I do hope my family holiday all falls in to place as I can't change the dates too much because of school commitments. Will watch this space and AA site very closely.

Regards,

Tina

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

Hi there.

Agree, what on earth is going on with AA???

It has always been the 11.50pm (midnight) flight from KL to PER. They land at 5.30am in Perth.

This plane then gets cleaned and restocked, fresh staff and it then returns to KL at 6.50am.

But I am now reading all different times all over the place.

They do not stand a plane at Perth Airport. There has to be one coming from KL and this plane returns to KL after restocking. Only a short time on the tarmac. Tarmac fees in Perth are expensive, this is why they leave very early morning and arrive late at night to get the cheaper rates, so I have been told.

There must be somebody making up new times but they dont match with an incoming flight from KL. So hence they just cancel it and make another temporary time.

If flights where to leave Perth at 11.30pm, this means that there would have to be a plane leaving KL about 4pm. I thought all these afternoon flights got cancelled. Or are they now changing all the midnight flights from KL to afternoon flights from KL.

I think I am as confused as the AA people making up the (more like picking times out of thin air) flight times.

I would be checking to see if there is an incoming flight from KL. Allow about 2 hours tarmac time, between flight landing and flight departing Perth

If someone hears more of what is going on please keep the rest of us informed.

Cheers. Danuta.

Albany. WA
Level Contributor
265 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

Danuta

Just using your theory that they will not leave a plane on the ground for a long time- There is a plane leaving 10.20am arriving at 3.55pm...makes me worried that that our return flights have changed as well.

Really don't know what to think( Maybe cancelling and staying home less stress)

Cheers

Trevor

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

Does anyone know if they have changed the flight times from KL to Perth? I know they cancelled the daytime flight, but is the 11.50pm flight still operating?

Perth
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

That 11.50 flight seems to be still operating from KL to Per.

We were booked on the afternoon flight from KL to Per, and that got cancelled, so after paying $180 to change to the afternoon flight, we are now back on the 11.50 return flight minus the $180 - not particularly happy about that - but overall, its still a cheap holiday.

The question now of course, is whether our flight from Per to KL next week has been cancelled! The call centre initially told me it WAS cancelled, then went away and checked, came back and said it was not cancelled, but just full.

After checking the flights available for sale, I see they are still selling the flights from KL-Per at 11.50 the night before we are due to fly up there. So I can only hope that means they are definitely still taking the plane back to KL in the morning with us on board!

Wish me luck! We will be devastated if our family holiday gets cancelled!

Maree

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

Maree,

Same thing happened with my son on their KL to Perth flight & cost him $210 to change to the night flight because they told him it wasnt cancelled, but he had been told by several people that it definately was, even after AA told him repeatedly, during 3 phone calls that it wasnt!

I wonder if there is an airtravel ombudsman or similar that we can send complaints to?

Albany. WA
Level Contributor
265 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

Just send good e-mail off to the support area as per Call Centre dribble, plus on the AA Blog, feeling better but no way confident about the flights next week or the flight home in early October. Only time will tell.

O for the Lotto Life, then we will not need to worry about the pennies.

Cheers

Trevor

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: URGENT Perth- Air/A more flights cancelled.

Hi there.

Does anyone know if the Per - Bali - Per flights are having the same problems as the KL route.

Wonder if they are trialling new flight times there also.

If there is no link between the plane arriving from KL and then returning to KL, perhaps the plane is coming or going to Bali in between the KL -Per - KL flights.

Gosh its such a shame. This is ridiculous what is happening of late.

Thought I understood it was just the new time flights that had been cancelled. But it seems to be all over the place with cancellations.

And its been going on for months now. They have had plenty of time to sort it out, if it was indeed a new plane not being ready to fly the route.

Cheers. Danuta.