We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airline Changes Schedule, Impossible Connection?

seattle
Level Contributor
204 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Airline Changes Schedule, Impossible Connection?

We are leaving 1 July from Newark - Belgrade via Zurich. Our tickets were booked on EuropeanDestinations.com.

The itinerary we booked on 3 June had us flying UA to Zurich, arriving at 8:40 am, where we transferred to a JAT flight departing at 11:35 am. The JAT flight is now leaving at 9:35 When I log into UA, I see the itinerary includes the connecting JAT ticket, so I think this is booked on a single ticket.

Our layover is now 55 minutes. Is that connection even possible?

Advice, please.

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
Level Contributor
6,802 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airline Changes Schedule, Impossible Connection?

Possible, but probably not legal by normal booking rules and definitely not wise. Call the airline you booked with and they will change it without charge. It is a good idea to research it yourself and ask for specific flights.

seattle
Level Contributor
204 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airline Changes Schedule, Impossible Connection?

My travel agent, EuropeanDestinations.com, advised in the email notification that the time change is out of their control. UA tells me I need to work with my travel agent to make changes.

I have email this to ED, hope they help.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,540 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airline Changes Schedule, Impossible Connection?

At most times that should be ok in ZRH but at that time in the morning there tend to be fairly long lines for passport and security. You might have to go to the front and push in. Check what time the next flight is so that if you miss your connection you know what to aim for .

I was just trying to book AF flights and they keep giving 45 min connection at CDG ,too much stress for my liking

4. Re: Airline Changes Schedule, Impossible Connection?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 18, 2010