We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airlines from Russia

Old Town, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
airlines from Russia

I have a girlfreind in Russia & I want to get her a ticket to Orlando, fl. I want the cheapest flight Avalauble! PLEASE HELP ME!! wildwoody24@yahoo.com

London UK
Level Contributor
405 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airlines from Russia

Hi wildwoody, have you ever met your Russian girlfriend?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airlines from Russia

Fedex

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,527 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airlines from Russia

Hi,

There is actually a fair amount of competition on this route.. However this depends on exactly where you originate in the Russian Federation.. Several US airlines, like United and Delta also now operate from Moscow (DME) and can connect to any number of the Florida airports.. There are also a number of Eastern and Western European carriers that fly from DME to the US East coast as well.

A few things to keep in mind.. You would be wise to be sure that the passenger has *all* the necessary travel permits- like any visas- that may be required for this trip *BEFORE* you buy any non-refundable tickets.

Airlines are under NO obligation and generally do not give any type of refunds in the case when a passenger first buys a ticket and then later on needs to refund or cancel the trip due to the passenger not having or not being able to secure the necessary visas. Get visas first, then buy tickets.

Travel Safe,

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airlines from Russia

Hi wildwoody,

please don't put your email address up for all and sundry.

Cheers.

5. Re: airlines from Russia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:26 am, November 01, 2010
Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: airlines from Russia

Well.

I'd give some advice here.

1. First you should meet your girlfriend if not done already.

That could easily be Ahmed from Dagestan (North Caucasus Rep. in Russia) using some stolen photos and videos.

But I hope that's not your case.

2. Your girlfriend should apply US visa in advance BEFORE buying tickets.

Although getting US visa in Russia is now quite an easy task (the refusal rate is below 5% and is one of the lowest in the world) but a young unmarried girl would be definitely in the so called "group of risk". That means that the probability her application is refused is higher than average.

In addition to that I will recommend her not to say that she's going to a friend but to emphasize the touristic purpose of her visit (i.e to walk at Manhattan to step up on tha statue of Liberty to sunbathe on Miami beach etc).. Saying she's going to meet a friend may convince the visa officer that she has some immigration purposes especially unless she has some essential background tieing her to Russia (prestige job, journeys before, minor child/children etc)

3. If her visa is ready than use skyscanner =)

7. Re: airlines from Russia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 21, 2010