We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!

San Diego
2 posts
Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!
Save

If you want to ruin your entire vacation then go ahead and fly volaris. VOLARIS is the WORST airline that has ever been allowed to fly. They advertise really cheap flights but you end up actually spending more and ruining your vacation. I have experience every bad comment made in the internet about this airline. If they don't have enough passengers for a flight, they WILL CANCEL it and you, the customer, have NO rights to request anything in return. Also if you want to change a ticket, FORGET IT!!, they will charge you up to the amount of the ticket to change it. Also they have NO regards to their own "Policies" on fees and other restrictions, they change them on the spot and tell you " THE SYSTEM IS GIVING ME THIS FEE". PLEASE help put this airline out of business, at least in the USA!. They should have never been allowed to enter the USA market. I don't know what Southwest Airlines was thinking!! Volaris is giving them a bad name!.

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
61 reviews
144 helpful votes
1. Re: Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!
Save

Pure Nonsense. I just flew then finding them a Excellent airline. Great well maintained planes, very professional staffs & good communications.

I received not 1 but 2 call confirming a small change in my flights.

I will fly them any chance I get!

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
954 posts
12 reviews
30 helpful votes
2. Re: Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!
Save

Here's another recent thread where several other people were having the same issues with Volaris that you're having:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150800-i164-k2929…

San Diego
2 posts
3. Re: Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!
Save

I actually know exactly where you are coming from, I would have said the same thing a year ago, unfortunally, being from Mexico and travelling back home 3 or 4 times a years I can NO longer say the same thing about Volaris. Not when in the last three trips with them I have experienced something bad..... from cancelled flights because they don't have enough passengers to "International" flight fees on domestic flights just because I'm paying with a US credit card. To being put on hold for over an hour to address a customer's concern.

Edited: 9 years ago
4. Re: Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, April 19, 2010
5. Re: Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:22 am, April 19, 2010
Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
61 reviews
144 helpful votes
6. Re: Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!
Save

Here's a new passenger satisfaction surrey.

www.leventergroup.com/PDF/2010-Airlines.pdf

Voaris is top choice!

Miami, Florida
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
542 reviews
585 helpful votes
7. Re: Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!
Save

If you do not read Spanish, no worries, it is another reason to not fly Volaris - will it be around in a few months?

This is from Reforma / El Mural / El Norte today:

CAPITANES

23 Abr. 10

Volaris en la incertidumbre

Por si faltaba algo en la aviación mexicana, ya surgió un nuevo ingrediente de incertidumbre.

Lo formó el futuro de Volaris, la aerolínea que preside Pedro Aspe.

Trascendió ya que el ex Secretario de Hacienda, como representante del fondo Discovery Americas I (DAI), y Roberto Kriete, del consorcio Avianca-Taca, rechazaron la oferta que hizo Interjet, de Miguel Alemán Magnani, por más de 300 millones de dólares, para adquirir la aerolínea.

Azcárraga y los Slim sí habían aceptado. Pero los otros dos socios invocaron su derecho de tanto para comprarles.El problema es que las leyes mexicanas impiden que haya mayoría extranjera en una aerolínea nacional.

Así que no está claro cuál será el esquema que utilizarán Aspe y sus socios.

Sinergy Group, del colombiano-brasileño Germán Efromovich, y los socios canadienses de Aspe en Discovery Capital Management tienen recursos para hacer la operación, pero por ley no podrían tener el control.

Para que la ubique mejor, Sinergy controla a Avianca.

Lo que es un hecho es que aunque aún no se ha oficializado, sí van a salir de Volaris tanto Slim como Azcárraga.

El problema para Volaris es que si la situación de incertidumbre permanece por algún tiempo, pueden perder el terreno ganado, pues inevitablemente va a afectar la operación.

A ver si a la vuelta del tiempo no acaban por aceptar una nueva oferta de Alemán... pero por una cantidad más baja.

San Jose, California
1 post
8. Re: Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!
Save

Volaris just opened flights from San Jose, CA to Guadalajara. This is a heavy traffic business route, flown by no-nonsense people. I suggest that Volaris should be very careful in mantaining the quality of the service from San Jose or they will end up with empty planes very soon.

new york
4 posts
9. Re: Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!
Save

Oh wow...I should have read up on this airline before I made the mistake of booking cheap flights for my senior parents with Volaris...

I made the booking online and at the end of the transaction the system froze. The website does, however, mention that the site freezes. I called customer service immediatly and they assured me the confirmation went through.

A few days went by and we had not received an email confirmation, so we called again and first the agent told me that the credit card was declined and there was no reservation...What? I call my credit card company right away and they told me TWO payments (of the same price) were processed for Volaris. I then call Volaris back with this information and they acknowledge it now but refuse to credit back my card for the EXTRA charge.

They claim that it is against company policy to issue refunds. Only a voucher can be issued.

This has turned into a full on war with Volaris as I did not authorize 2 bookings.

AVOID VOLARIS AIRLINES!!!! BAD BAD BAD BUSINESSS. HORRIBLE customer service

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
173 reviews
252 helpful votes
10. Re: Do not ever fly Volaris Airlines!!
Save

I really like flying with Volaris, they offer a great service and planes also prices. I have never heard of such a thing but well it was bad luck :(