We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,605 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

I'm looking to book some flights with THY and have a few questions.

Is there website easy too use for booking - I have read some of the Turkish ones can be a little tricky?

Does anyone know how financially stable this airline is? I can't find any reference on their website to any ATOL or similar protection?

London, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

well, if I had 955 contributions I would be able to estimate if an airline's website is easy to use for booking by myself... and shouldn't it be 'their' instead of 'there' and 'to' instead of 'too'?

Edited: 5:09 pm, March 24, 2010
Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,605 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

Thanks for that, most helpful!

"There" was a mistake I've never made before, and "too" is what happens when I try to speed up my one finger typing.

I wasn't aware that 955 posts made me some kind of expert and no longer entitled to ask questions.

FYO some of theTurkish airline websites are known to be difficult to use as you proceed through the booking process, if you are outside the country, and not fully conversant with the language.

London, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

i just got thorugh booking on Turkish Airlines website in less then 2 minutes, if that's tricky, I don't know what is not. And note that no one bothered to answer your question...

Istanbul
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
35,693 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

Hi heidotheroad,

Welcome to Turkey! This airline forum will be much more productive if travel plans are discussed instead of English grammer. In the following thread you will find an answer to your questions in my post: "tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293974-i368-k3502…".

good luck,

enigma...

London
Level Contributor
8,118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

Agree heidotheroad you probably find the Turkey forum more friendly and helpful. If these posters cannot offer constructive comment instead of picking on grammar, probably best they make no comment. THY are the national airline of Turkey so dont think you have any worries about financial stability. I have flown with them but never booked on their website, so again whatever problems sure good folks on Turkey forum will help you.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,419 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

Their web site booking engine is as good as any-I have used it for 3 bookings and they were fine.

They are in the process of renewing their fleet and on my last four flights to Istanbul were on new 737/800,s and the food and wine in economy was really good.

As the national airline of Turkey it is probably as financially sound as any.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,605 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

Thanks wanderin star and silver swimmer...also Enigma, as I did indeed post on Turkey website, too.

Unknown
Level Contributor
502 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

I think they're brilliant, I booked them through a travel agent. They are financially stable, they're Turkey's flag carrier-plus the food on board is yummy!

Aberdeen, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Aberdeen
Level Contributor
5,605 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

Thanks Vindaloo queen, just going to book now!

Europe
Level Contributor
109 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: THY Turkish Airline advice, please??

I agree. The food is good! The service otherwise is OK. The planes are fine. Everything worked just fine when I flew with THY last Dec and Jan. No problems with booking. Easy changing planes in Istanbul.