We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
United/Continental vouchers.

Me again! I am wondering if either of these two airlines have vouchers or special passes for sale for internal flights within the U.S.A. once you have bought your international ticket into and out of the country. Like fly to say 3 cities for a set price? Probably not but no harm in asking. Thanks.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,661 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United/Continental vouchers.

Hi,

The Star Alliance network has a "North American Airpass" program.. UA does have a pre-paid travel program, but it's geared more to the 'business' flier who is looking to buy and lock-in a specific number of miles for the year and not a specific number of flights.

Star Alliance Site:

staralliance.com/en/…

It does have a few requirements such as you must use a Star Alliance carrier to travel to/from your North American gateway city, take at least 3 domestic flights and not be a resident of any North American country. The fares for the Pass do vary based on your point of origin and selected cities. You can do a "what-if" price check online.

Also, do be aware that the US has a very active mix of national and regional low-cost airlines.. I'd venture to guess that you could find at least one discount carriers that serves the locations you want to travel to.

Major carriers include, but not limited to:

Southwest

JetBlue

Spirit

Virgin America

Allegiant

AirTran

Travel Safe,

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United/Continental vouchers.

Many thanks GOPBI for that info. Star alliance appeals to me as Thai air has just extended my card for a further 12 months gratis and I will be able to use the lounges!

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United/Continental vouchers.

GOPBI, have looked at that link and tried to understand the rules and regulations. Not clear on all of it, can I book my return flight to USA on internet now using star alliance then do the air passes at a later date? Or does it all have to be done in one hit. Thanks.

4. Re: United/Continental vouchers.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 03, 2010