We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP with the connection time - how long has it to be?

haifa
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Topic
HELP with the connection time - how long has it to be?

I'm trying to work out how to get our starting point : Denver .

I have got two possibilities :

1 .Tel-Aviv - Newark

Newark - Denver

The connection time here is 2.5 hours.

2. Tel-Aviv - Los Angeles

LOs Angeles - Denver

Here it is 6 hours.

On the one hand I don't want to waste time

On the other hand Im afraid not to be on time.

PLS take into account - we have to pass the immigration point.

Thank You in Advance

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP with the connection time - how long has it to be?

Airlines always recommend 3 hours, depending on the weather when you are going. better to arrive early and wait than get there late and not go at all

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,531 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP with the connection time - how long has it to be?

That's wise advice above from jag but if it were me I would go for the 2.5 hour connection as this "should" be more than enough time. I have found that the airline's suggested times are almost always way too much. My only suggestion would be to make sure travel insurance was purchased in the event that one of your flights was delayed, though this should not be an issue if all travel is with the same carrier.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP with the connection time - how long has it to be?

If its one ticket you are buying through an airline, so the responsibility to reroute you is down to the airline, consider the 2.5 hour, but 6 isnt that bad and you can be chilled out.

Even with 6 hours, you could easily allow 3 for time spent getting through immigration, and then getting to the departure gate in good time. Go and have a meal, read a book, and the other 3 hours goes quickly, plus you can be relaxed if your outbound flight is late, even by a couple of hours. Don't forget that the 2.5 allows very little if any time for any delays, that assumes everything is on time.

haifa
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP with the connection time - how long has it to be?

Many, many thanks to all of you.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,908 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP with the connection time - how long has it to be?

With the extra time to fly LAX and sit around, I'd be going to Newark. Is this a CO flight or LY (El Al)?

As far as customs clearing, before I had trusted traveler status, I preferred EWR over LAX any day. Now it doesn't much matter.

Seriously, go for the 2.5 hour layover in EWR. There are plenty of flights to Denver from either, but what I notice is that flying from Tel Aviv to LAX is *not* non-stop and that adds significant time to the journey. Why not just have a single stop in EWR and you are in DEN far, far ahead of the other routing?

I usually allow 2 hrs connect time in EWR, but 90% of the time I'm at my next gate within the hour.

Edited: 9:34 am, January 11, 2010
haifa
Level Contributor
158 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP with the connection time - how long has it to be?

Thank You.

Our flight to Newark is LY flight and to Denver is the United.

For now considering all the suggestions we think to fly via NEWARK.

Again many many thanks

7. Re: HELP with the connection time - how long has it to be?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 13, 2010