We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route from Seattle to Perth?

Bellingham
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best route from Seattle to Perth?

We will be returning home to Perth from living in the US in March of next year and I would like some opinions on what you think the best route is.

Ideally we would like to stop over somewhere for a few days as we have a 4 year old and would like to break up the trip.

Thanks.

Pahoa. HI
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route from Seattle to Perth?

The shortest route would be via the Far East - for instance Tokyo or Seoul (assuming there are nonstop flights from those cities to Perth). Travelling via Sydney would be a bit longer. I guess it'll come down to where you want your stop over to be!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route from Seattle to Perth?

via hong kong and singapore as well. hkg has a disneyland.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,555 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route from Seattle to Perth?

I personally would choose SIN as the stop-over, but it depends on what you like.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best route from Seattle to Perth?

I'm flying to/from Seattle next year. It's on Star Alliance points so my routing was a bit limited, but I'm flying Singapore Airlines Perth-Singapore-Tokyo and then Air Canada Tokyo-Vancouver. Have to bus the Vancouver-Seattle bit though. And vice versa. Depending on the fare you buy you could break that routing at either Tokyo or Singapore.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
647 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best route from Seattle to Perth?

Hong Kong's Disneyland (www.hongkongdisneyland.com) and Ocean Park (www.oceanpark.com.hk) are world-renowned theme parks (esp. Ocean Park). Hong Kong IMHO is much better than Singapore, which is basically covered with cement, whereas Hong Kong has greenery and hills mixed with the city. The MTR (www.mtr.com.hk), bus, taxi, minibuses here are all state-of-the-art and 90% of the population uses them, making most of the area accessible.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
647 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best route from Seattle to Perth?

^ Hong Kong is accessible from Seattle by Delta/Northwest Airlines (Seattle-Tokyo-Hong Kong on ONE flight no.) and then Hong Kong-Perth can be by Qantas, Cathay Pacific (Airline of the Year 2009) etc.

Otherwise, if you don't want the stop in Tokyo (nonstop flight), you can go to Tokyo (United/Delta), Taipei (EVA Air), Beijing (Hainan Airlines), Seoul (Asiana/Korean Air) instead (all served directly) and then onwards to Perth.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best route from Seattle to Perth?

So what is that green stuff I see when I visit Singapore???

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best route from Seattle to Perth?

"Singapore, which is basically covered with cement"

have u ever been to singapore, tb?

Pahoa. HI
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best route from Seattle to Perth?

And one of the best botanical gardens on the entire planet! Nothing even remotely close to it in Hong Kong!

10. Re: Best route from Seattle to Perth?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 22, 2010