We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Choice Airways

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First Choice Airways

Hi, I have just booked a trip with TCS Expeditions and I have read that they use a First Choice Airways airplane.

Who are First Choice Airways and what are they like?

I understand these airplanes are all coach seats but for this special trip they are taken out and replaced by a business class seat? Just a little worried thats all.

Very confussed Nanna x

London
Level Contributor
8,194 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Choice Airways

First Choice are now part of Thomson Airlines. They are very well established charter company in the U.K. and part of the larger TUI group. I notice the 757 they use - formerly a First Choice plane - configuration is being changed from over 200 seats to just 78, seems like luxury to me. You have nothing to worry about and seems like trip of a lifetime.

London, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Choice Airways

First Choice Airways (now Thomson Airways) use 2 of there Boeing 757 aircraft for these VIP- TCS Expedition trips.

They remove the charter flight configuration of 233 ecomomy seats and replace them with 78 or 92 (depending on if you booked your trip with TCS or Star Quest) executive seats, theses seats offer loads of leg room, with a good recline (not flat beds) and foot rest, they do not have personal tv's only the old style tv's above the aisle, the seats are 2x2 and all have the same amount of leg room apart from row 1 which has a lot less due to the bulk head, I cant remember the row number think its row 8 and row17 these seats have lots more leg room as they are on the exits at doors 2 and 3.

Try to avoid seats towards the back as the last 2 rows are for the engineers, load master (the person who looks after your luggage) the chef and his assistant (when their not cooking) and TCS staff. I say avoid these seats due to the noise but they are normally quiet.

Inflight you will have lectures about your next place your visiting whilst having fantastic food cooked fresh onboard by the inflight chef.

You will also enjoy attentive service from specially trained, hand picked cabincrew, ratio of crew to passangers is one of the best around.

Have an amazing trip, it truly is a trip of a life time. Which one are you doing? I did 'around India' with them and also a full round the world trip (I needed a holiday after 5 weeks of sight seeing trips!)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Choice Airways

Thankyou so much for your message, I have spoken to another person who did a TCS trip and they also assured me I had nothing to worry about.

Were doing the 'around the world ' trip also, we leave DC on the 5th Feb next year.

Again many thanks,

Ivy.

4. Re: First Choice Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, May 06, 2010