We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest Major Airport to Reach the City Centre

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,867 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest Major Airport to Reach the City Centre

Following the dicussions on the recent Ryanair thread about travel times to airports, it got me wondering which major airport has the best transport links to the city it serves. In Amsterdam Schiphol for instance, you can be into Central station in 20 minutes. In fact as I live in the southern part of the city I can be door to door by tram and train in 20 minute. OK granted that Amsterdam is a small city in relation to Paris or London..

Anyway any others that can beat this and I mean for major cities, not smaller commuter hubs.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Easiest Major Airport to Reach the City Centre

I never said Paisley was a city, I was having a bit of fun! It is the home of Glasgow airport though ;o)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Easiest Major Airport to Reach the City Centre

Paisley is the centre of the known world. She has a famous textile pattern named after it and a turbulent priest.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Easiest Major Airport to Reach the City Centre

Thanks for agreeing there MIGHT be room for Edinburgh on the list:0)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,145 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Easiest Major Airport to Reach the City Centre

And from Vancouver, clearly the center of the universe, ONLY because our politicians are wont to say: "BC, the best place on Earth."

Our 3 month old Canada Line takes 25 min from YVR to downtown Vancouver. It's certainly the best new toy in Vancouver. It never would have happened without the 2010 Olympics.

http://www.canadaline.ca/about.asp

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
444 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Easiest Major Airport to Reach the City Centre

Oooh, the new Skytrain like is open? Fab - I am even more tempted to divert to Vancouver 'on the way' to Winnipeg now ;o)

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,277 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Easiest Major Airport to Reach the City Centre

BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) train from San Francisco Airport to downtown takes 30 minutes and costs $8.10.

27. Re: Easiest Major Airport to Reach the City Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, May 07, 2010