We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Astrasue airline

essex
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Astrasue airline

Can anyone help me with anything about this company, we are looking to fly to Lanzarote for new year and this is one of the flight options and I don't know anything about them Can anyone help please.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,787 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Astrasue airline

Where do you see this option? It does not come up on a Google search. Do you have the name correct?

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,286 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Astrasue airline

Do you by any chance mean Astraeus ?

Hants, UK
Level Contributor
2,802 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Astrasue airline

Do you by any chance mean Astraeus?

Have flown with them before, they were fine, I would use them again.

London
Level Contributor
8,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Astrasue airline

If you mean Astraeus, I believe they are a leasing company, providing aircraft and crew to other companies. If you flying over holiday period aircraft has probably been leased by another charter airline. You will find opinions about them on www.airlinequality.com

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,110 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Astrasue airline

I have travelled with Astreaus in the past, very good airline, no complaints. Hope your experience is as good as mine.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,787 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Astrasue airline

The airline has 5 active aircraft. This isn't a problem if everything goes as planned, but have one of them go tech on you and it will be a mess.

Pahoa. HI
Level Contributor
1,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Astrasue airline

Astraeus Airlines is indeed an airline, but it is a strange little airline. They did have five aircraft, at least up until a few hours ago. Their one and only Boeing 757 was flown to Lasham (Hampshire, UK) earlier today for lease return, leaving the airline with four Boeing 737s:

One 737-500 which is operating for British tour operator PalmAir (in their colors).

Two 737-700s operating for Iceland Express (in Icelandic colors)

One 737-700 operating for Italian tour operator Trawel Fly (yes, spelling is correct), in their colors.

Unless Astraeus is planning to acquire more aircraft over the next month or two, that means that any flight on Astraeus in the near future is likely to be on their one and only 737-500.

8. Re: Astrasue airline

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:36 pm, October 31, 2009
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Astrasue airline

I don't the source of your information, but CAA Aircraft Register (www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx…) and Airframes.org (http://www.airframes.org/fleet/aeu) states that Astraeus Airlines have 10 aircraft: 5 757-200, 3 737-700, 1 737-500 and 1 A320-200

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,787 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Astrasue airline

My source was www.Airfleets.net