We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BBC- High Flyers: How Britain Took to the Air

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
37,899 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
BBC- High Flyers: How Britain Took to the Air

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nnlz3

Watched this great program last night on BBC4 all about flying in the 20's and 30's. It was really interesting to see how it was done in those early days with the first commercial passengers on Imperial Airways Silver service.

If you get a chance to see it and you are interested in the early days of flight I'm sure you will find it fascinating. Don't know if you can get it outside of Europe, maybe on BBC America or BBC world at some point.

Remember that chap who was so peed off with Qantas because there was no soap in the washroom. he may be interested to know that the toilet used to be a bucket with a curtain round it.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: BBC- High Flyers: How Britain Took to the Air

I think I saw something like this a coupla months ago, but can't remember the bucket n curtain. Must have been the edited version.

I suspect M O'L would charge you for the curtain!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,241 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: BBC- High Flyers: How Britain Took to the Air

Not sure if SS saw the re-run but to be honest he did not miss much. It started off Ok but seemed to lose the plot in a wave of nostalgia and air time for some guys DH89.

WV did well as the Alan Cobham lookalike.

13. Re: BBC- High Flyers: How Britain Took to the Air

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 02, 2010