We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jet2 experience

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
jet2 experience

I am considering booking with jet2 next year and wondered what they were like. how do they compare to, say, easyjet? we're looking to fly to venice and would have flown ezy from east midlands. liverpool is our nearest but they only do mickair to venice treviso

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,615 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: jet2 experience

Hi, we have used Jet2 quite a few times over the last couple of years, and have never had any problems. They do tend to be a bit more expensive than Easyjet and Ryanair but book as early as you can and you should get a decent price. You get an allocated seat at check-in or you can pre-book one for £4 each and then check-in online.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jet2 experience

Flew with Jet2 to Budapest, no problem they are a bit more upmarket than ryanair, but I would say similar to easyjet.

I would not worry about flying into Treviso, I do it all the time, there is a bus outside waiting to take you into Venice 10 euro return, takes around 40 mins. Marco Polo is 30 mins from Venice, so not much difference, also the ferry from Marco Polo takes an hour. I'm going next week

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jet2 experience

its not really the treviso it that bothers me, it's the ryanair bit!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: jet2 experience

well thats a different story ! personally I've never had a problem, but thats another can of worms we don't want to start off again lol !

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: jet2 experience

no we certainly don't want to start that ball rolling again. I have used them and i'm just not fussed, cheap flight for a few days online check in and hand luggage no problem but we will be self catering, need to take towels etc (we are on a campsite) and i just can't be bothered with the hassle of mick's airline. jet2 do 22 kg which we probably don't need it just gives us that bit of leeway

6. Re: jet2 experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, March 05, 2010