We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting time in Dallas FW

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting time in Dallas FW

Looking at a flight, the return leg of which is

- Palm Springs to DFW - looks like a AA/BA codeshare

- DFW - LHR by BA

Both legs can be booked via BA.

Problem is the connecting time in DFW is only 1 hr 15 mins. I appreciate this might be enough if flights arrive on time but ......?

If we miss the connection presumably BA will take care of us as the internal flight is a codeshare but BA only have one flight per day from DFW

Would we go through US Emigration at Palm Springs or DFW? If DFW then the 1hr 15 mins looks hopeless.

I have looked up the Palm Springs "International" Airport website (the International flights go to Canada) and there is no info on whether it is a gateway airport or not.

San Antonio, Texas
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting time in Dallas FW

That should be more then enough time. If it where 40 minutes then I would be worried. The BA flight will be out of "D." Look up and see where the AA flight is to land. There is a fast train between the terminals.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,018 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting time in Dallas FW

I think you're confused, there are no formal outgoing immigration/emigration controls for flights departing the US. You'd just need to make sure the stub of the green I-94W form is collected at the gate at DFW.

You'll fly PSP-DFW as normal, then take the Skytrain to Terminal D where the BA flights depart. DFW is very easy to connect through with an excellent transit system so 1hr 15mins should be plenty if you can get your boarding pass for the BA flight at PSP and arrive on schedule.

The above is assuming you are on one ticket. It is possible that AA might no be able to print off your boarding pass as they use the SABRE reservation system whereas BA use Amadeus. Sometimes a boarding pass looking thing will be printed but it will give instructions to get your next boarding pass at the gate. If this is the case just go to the gate and BA personnel should be able to print it off.

If you are on separate tickets then BA are under no obligation to help you out if you miss the DFW-LHR flight.

3. Re: Connecting time in Dallas FW

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 03, 2010