We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

Mintlaw
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

Before I go of looking for a pillow or inflatable neck rest for our flight to Australia, thought I'd ask if the airline provides them. They advertise a cosy blanket and wooly socks but no mention of pillows. Anyone help?

1. Re: Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:59 am, August 21, 2009
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,578 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

Hi,

SQ provisions some pillows and blankets on all their medium and long haul services in all classes-- note that due to space limitations, it may not be possible to provision on a 1:1 basis in the Economy cabin.. If you know you'll want or need one, I'd ask your FA as soon as practicable. Pillows are not provisioned on ALL flights-- as I know it, it's dependent on the particular aircraft.

Travel Safe,

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

I flew the A380 from Singapore earlier this year and there were plenty of pillows available. But as mentioned above I would suggest you get one as soon as you board the plane, before take off. Unlike some airlines staff, those working for SQ actually understand customer service and will be happy to assist (at least that's my experience with them).

On a side note the A380 is a great plane. Not entirely different in many ways from a lot of modern aircraft but the main thing I did notice was how quiet it was.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

And check out the travel gadget forum and look for the thread called "most useless item" or something along those lines. There are several wonderful comments about neck pillows.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

Here's the link...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12530-k2742632…

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
647 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

Most Asian full-service airlines provide them these days. On my past trip on Air China, they always had pillows available (long-haul) and were put on your seat prior to boarding.

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

Especially on the overnight sector of your flight the pillows will probably be already on your seat as your board.

During the day time sector you may need to ask if you want one.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

every seat had one on my last trip with them on the 380 a few weeks ago.

Mintlaw
Level Contributor
186 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

Thanks for these answers. Won't bother to buy one of these inflatable ones after all

Kahuku, HI
Level Contributor
60 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pillows on Singapore airlines A380

I just finished a LAX-NRT fkught.. they had pillows and wonderful blankets on eachof our seats along with socks and toothbrush.. flight was wonderful