We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LGW - LAS Virgin Atlantic

UK
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
LGW - LAS Virgin Atlantic

We are regular visitors to LV and have always flown with BMI from Manchester. Now they have pulled that route we have switched to Virgin from London.

After booking, Virgin Atlantic allow seat selections to be made on their website and these can be changed or updated if required just by logging into your booking. We selected seats for our next trip in january and check from time to time to see if better ones have freed up.

But for some reason, the whole seat map has now been taken down from the site on all LGW LAS flights. It's been missing for almost a week now. This has only happened for the LGW - LAS route - not any others. Any ideas why?

Kent UK
Level Contributor
117 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LGW - LAS Virgin Atlantic

Hi Coops

I have the same problem and when I queried this with VA they told me that all the bookable seats had been allocated in PE. No idea if this is true or not. Hopefully seats will be available the day before.

Not sure if this helps.

L

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,492 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LGW - LAS Virgin Atlantic

A lot of airlines have pre-allocation limits, and once these are reached it is until online check-in opens for you to swap out. Sounds like this is the case with you.

York, England
Level Contributor
383 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: LGW - LAS Virgin Atlantic

Soeedbird is correct. VA no longer allow access to the seating chart once their limit for pre assigned seating is reached. It will be available again 24hrs prior to departure when online check in for the flight opens if the flight is not full. LGW-LAS is a popular route so you may not get a chance though

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
1,265 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: LGW - LAS Virgin Atlantic

Hi

Thanks for your replies. However the date before the seat maps disappeared there were plenty of seats available for selection on both flights. On another Virgin flight we are taking to Antigua next month, the pre selection limit has been reached but the map can still be viewed - even though no seats can now be selected. With the LAS flighs in Jan and April it has disappeared completely, so its all a bit of a mystery!

Scotland
Level Contributor
280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: LGW - LAS Virgin Atlantic

I am due to fly out of Gatwick tomorrow at 11.20am to Vegas and I have been checking the seating chart for a while and there have been no free seats.

However, I checked again this morning about 9am and about 30 seats were now free and I have now been able to move us from row 44 to row 22. Fantastic!

6. Re: LGW - LAS Virgin Atlantic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, February 20, 2010