We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thai Airways or British Airways

Dublin
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thai Airways or British Airways

Me and my partner and booking flights to Bangkok from London Heathrow. Any ideas on who to book, Who has the best service? Iv flown BA loads before and really like them, the reason I ask is because Thai have much better flight times for the dates we want.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,060 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thai Airways or British Airways

Which class of travel?

Dublin
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Thai Airways or British Airways

Economy i think. Altho I work with an airline and will go standby, so may get the upgrade if lucky. but economy for now....and ideas?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,060 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thai Airways or British Airways

Thai have 3" more legroom than BA in economy. If I'm flying economy that's about the only thing I care for.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thai Airways or British Airways

I once saw someone complain Thai didn't have seatback TV/entertainment.

He wanted to change his ticket to BA after insisting that price was his only consideration.

He suddenly realised he couldn't cope with the flight unless he could select his own films to watch.

Its strange what people say are their priorities.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thai Airways or British Airways

Seat back tv is important to me too - it sends me to sleep so I'd go for that option. Thai has not been as good in recent years and tends to rest on its previously good reputation.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,542 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thai Airways or British Airways

Thai use 747/400 with upgraded seating in First and Business and although their seats in economy are much better then BA they do not have seatback tv,s in that cabin although food and service is reputed to be better in Thai.

Thai can also be much cheaper than BA and if you are staying in Bangkok or connecting within Thailand then Thai should be your choice as the airport is their "home".

Recommend best flights for jetlag:

London to Bangkok

Departure: 21:35 London,- Heathrow, terminal 3

Arrival: 15:55 +1 day(s) Bangkok, Thailand

Airline: Thai Airways Intl TG917 e

Aircraft: Boeing 747-400

Bangkok to London

Departure: 13:30 Bangkok, Thailand

Arrival: 19:35 London, United Kingdom - Heathrow, terminal 3

Airline: Thai Airways Intl TG916 e

Aircraft: Boeing 747-400

With the flight out you can sleep after dinner and the day flight back means you can go straight to bed when you get home.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thai Airways or British Airways

I have flown both many times on the particular route. Both are good as outlined above. Do you need the extra legroom? If one/either of you need the room then thats a factor but if not then it would be BA for me.

8. Re: Thai Airways or British Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, January 11, 2010