We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,179 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

To save you all from having to read anymore "Never fly airline X!!!!!!!" posts, I have created this precis of past and future such contributions as a public service.

Never fly with this bunch of chancers. They are completely useless and will ruin your holiday. Here's what happened to me. I looked at fares and thought I wouldn't buy a ticket. I would just go to the airport and get on the plane. When I got there, they wouldn't let me on. They told me I needed to buy a ticket and quoted me a fare five times higher than the ones I found on the internet. WHAT A RIP-OFF They said the cheap fares are only available in advance. What kind of system is that? So I paid and went through to departures. Security made me take off my shoes and jacket. THE CHEEK OF IT. The airline should sort that out. Then they wouldn't let me into the lounge because I had an economy ticket, even though I waved my expired Gold Card at them. When it came to boarding, they insisted on letting business class and people with kids on first. WHAT ABOUT MY RIGHTS?? The seat pitch was only 35" (terrible) and I was forced to sit next to someone. Again I found the service discriminatory. The people in business class got fed, and all I was offered on this 45 minute flight was a soda and some nuts. Plus the cabin temperature was awful. 20 degrees celcius. How is anyone supposed to be comfortable in that sort of heat? To top it all off, we landed 30 seconds late, and my bag was only the second to arrive on carousel. Then there was my connection. I had left myself 10 whole minutes. I went to check in again and they wouldn't let me. The gate was already closed. I said I was willing to run if they called the plane back from the runway, but they wouldn't do it. TOTALLY UNREASONABLE. They said something about it not being an official connection. Just because I had booked two separate tickets and didn't have travel insurance, they completely washed their hands of me. I paid again for a flight the next day and guess what, they wouldn’t pay for my hotel or food or anything. I will never again fly Ansett/Australian Airlines/Big Sky Express/Flight West/Hazelton Airlines/TEAL/Sabena/Swissair/UTA/Aero Lloyd/Junkers Luftverhehrs/Eirjet/Air Holland/Fred Olsen Air Transport/Astrakhan Airlines/Nordic European Airlines/Balair/Air Anatolia/AirUK/BEA/BOAC/British Caledonia/Dan Air/EuroManx/Canada 3000/Canadian Airlines/Nationair/Quebecair/Trans-Canada Air Lines/Wardair/Zoom Airlines/Pan Am/TWA/National Airlines/Skybus!

australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

Brilliant!! Very funny stuff:)

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

i think u also missed southern cross airlines and compass mk1 and compass mk2 but then again maybe it's good u did. sydneynick may have imploded on that news.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,652 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

""<<True mfuwe, but there's always one!>>""

Oh how nice to see you proved right (for once) WV. LoL. There again you did err on the side of caution cos I make it two now.

but it is your thread and we are loving it. Back to YOU, YOU!

(you missed out lost luggage or TSA/Thieves.)

Lewes, United...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
20,977 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

WV - You gave me a really good laugh, and so true. And you could also have had those experiences with Silverjet, EOS and MAXjet, and all at business class prices!!!!

SWT

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

Hi WV,

Brilliant. Rest assured, some of us do appreciate your satire.

Cheers.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,709 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

Ahh how I miss Pacific Western ("pee west") and Canadian Airlines. Really.

And Nordair and East West Airlines ("least best")... not!

Nobody's mentioned having to chase the plane on the runway yet.

I had to run for a plane this week... nearly passed out. I'm getting too old for this stuff.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero, Melton Mowbray, Elora
Level Contributor
15,179 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

> Nobody's mentioned having to chase the plane on the runway yet.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k27379…

:-)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,652 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

Thanks I had missed that one.

Imagine.

"Hubby has Coronary Attack chasing after Jet." He will never fly with anyone again!

Gate Agent on Manslaughter charge.

29. Re: Never fly X Airlines!!!! The Reader's Digest version

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:35 am, November 22, 2009