We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seat availability in WT+

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
222 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Seat availability in WT+

I'm considering WT+ for a return flight LHW/JNB. Can't really afford it but as my husband & myself are both 6 feet+, it seems a necessity. However, I've been reading on the forums about people being split up as it is such a small cabin or worse still being stuck in the middle of a 4. I've read that most passengers in this cabin are Elite bookers who can book seats in advance thus leaving very little choice for leisure travellers like ourselves. If this is the case then we'd rather endure economy. Does anybody have experience of this cabin on this route?

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,523 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seat availability in WT+

I have used BA WT+ a lot (London -Bermuda and London to Dubia )- as well as more space you have the advantage of being served your food first -so you get your first choice rather than the ropey pasta dish that the rest of the plane has rejected.

I have been stuck in the middle - but normally you are given 1 middle +and aisle if their are 2 of you-

Always have been seated next to my other half -no problems there

Join the executive club if possible -if plane is busy WT+ flyers are often booted up to club --and thats very nice indeed

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Cape Town
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seat availability in WT+

We went WT+ to South AFrica in March. Outward bound we chose our seats when we checked in online 24 hours before flight and were able to select window + aisle seat (on that flight the cabin was larger in a 2 - 4 - 2 configuration. For our return flight again tried to check-in online and had problems, first it offered us our outward flight (3 weeks earlier) eventually got our homeward flight details, checked-in but couldn't print boarding pass and when I went to select our seats it came up with us in the dreaded middle two of 4 (this flight had a much smaller WT+ cabin) it indicated that all other seats were already reserved. On arrival at OR Tambo talking to other passengers waiting to check-in we were told the flight was overbooked. At least we had reserved seats so we got on board OK but talking to the two guys on either side of use (the two aisle seats) neither had checked in on-line and were just advised when they check-in of their seat numbers, so why we were not permitted to select different seats with our on-line check-in I don't know.

In fairness, the cabin being small was much quieter, I am also over 6 ft and I found the leg-room was very good, for once I could stretch my legs without endangering my knee-caps. I can't say the food was any better than economy. Fortunately we picked up our flights during the BA sale so paid about the same as for economy last year. Had I paid full price for WT+ I would probably have been more upset.

All I can say is if you do choose WT+ then be sure to check-in online at flight time minus 23hr 59 mins for the best chance of choosing decent seats.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,103 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seat availability in WT+

I fly in WT+ a fair amount as well, and use it as a default cabin for long haul services.

LHR-JNB is a busy routing, bu if you let me know your dates and times of departure I can have a look at ExpertFlyer to see how full the loads are on those days.

4. Re: Seat availability in WT+

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:46 am, November 04, 2009