We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Rules for Airline Travel

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
New Rules for Airline Travel

Following on from Cris P's suggestion regarding age, I thought we needed a topic for Other rules we wish airlines would implement.

Here are my top rules...

1) You must shower within 4 hours of your start of travel

2) Airlines... no bassinettes within 4 rows of Business class, and certainly not on the bulkhead immediately behind the section.

3) You use the overhead bin above your seat first, not some random space at the from of the cabin when you are sitting in row 70.

4) If your section is not boarding, get out of the way. People who can't be trusted to board when they are supposed to, can't be trusted on the plane. They might try to open the window for some fresh air.

5) Passengers are not allowed to winge to the airline if it is too stormy, snowy, foggy, or otherwise dangerous to fly, land, or take-off.

6) Airlines are not allowed to categorize any and all significant delays as "extraordinary events".

Have fun with this and maybe somebody someplace will take some initiative and improve our travel experience.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,216 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Rules for Airline Travel

Add to that...

1. any whingers to be denied boarding or their luggage sent to Papua New Guinea.

2. Seperate Male only sections of the aircraft with low lighting and no IFE.

3. No carry ons with fitted wheels.

4. You disembark in strict order of the rows.

5. Absolutely no Newspapers under any circumstances &

6. No Laptops or Mobile pHones of any sort after Security.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,192 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Rules for Airline Travel

Oh Jesus, I could be here all day thinking of stuff.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Rules for Airline Travel

No eating beans or broccoli within 6 hours of flying. (I break this rule all the time.)

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Rules for Airline Travel

Parent who dont monitor their children should be immediately tossed off plane (though kind of difficult mid-air.)

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
9,021 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Rules for Airline Travel

"Parent who dont monitor their children should be immediately tossed off plane (though kind of difficult mid-air.)"

Or at least thrown in the cargo hold.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Rules for Airline Travel

Passengers are allowed ONE small carry-on in the cabin. If they choose to bring more than one, they will be charged the equivalent of $100 USD (cash only) to be allowed to remove their extra luggage from the plane as they disembark. No money? Airline keeps the bag(s).

Now, that ought to cure the problem of people lugging on great masses of "hand" carry-ons. LOL

Cute cat, GeoMedic :-)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,216 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Rules for Airline Travel

"<Airline keeps the bag(s).>"

Reading the forums I think they do that quite a lot already without charge!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Rules for Airline Travel

*pouts* My carryon has wheels, but it is well within the maximum allowed .... I tried using a 'cabin bag' the first time I flew, but having a 7kg bag hanging off my shoulder is akin to Chinese water torture :-) (especially in the security lines at Sydney airport .... people have aged and gone grey in the time it takes to get through those lines and I thought my shoulder would fall off LOL kicking/dragging it was annoying too, but the kicking part was therapeutic)

More suggestions:

No strong perfumes/after shave but moreso, no BO!!! Deodorant should be mandatory and there should be a smell-sensor everyone has to walk through when going through security - pongy people get denied boarding LOL

Clean clothes, definitely clean socks, clean teeth :-)

No farting allowed on board :-) All that methane in a confined space can't be good. Farters need to clench that sphincter muscle, even if they go blue in the face and fear they'll expire :-)

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,216 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Rules for Airline Travel

Hey MarmaladeT. Take it one step further!

"<and there should be a smell-sensor everyone has to walk through when going through security - pongy people get denied boarding LOL>"

How about a walk through spray or foot dip (after all they treat us like bl***y sheep anyway)That way we would be clean and there would be no need for the pat down either. Cost effective and a lot of laughs to cheer up a dismal journey.

Make the dip deep enough and it would solve Chrispies problem with kids too.

London
Level Contributor
8,194 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Rules for Airline Travel

Perhaps minimum 5 minutes spent in toilet - then females wouldnt spend ages doing make up nails whatever while other passengers waiting crossed legged just before descent.