We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

But it has made me laugh repeatedly.Now on my Favourites list.Just a one-off comment. No need to reply. Ryanair.And I am a customer.Is M O'L laughing at us for putting up with such off-hand treatment,and worse still,coming back again? And to set up an open competition to suggest undiscovered ways for Ryanair to raise extra revenues from options is objectionable. What TA traitor would enter such a competiton?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,979 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

"Is M O'L laughing at us for putting up with such off-hand treatment,and worse still,coming back again?"

Do bears do their business in the woods?

Is the Pope a Catholic?

I rest my case.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

<< Is the Pope a Catholic? >>

LOL no, of course he' not :-) He wears a little hat on the back of his head, so he must really be Jewish LOL

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,035 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

"No need to reply." Posting a topic and then not wanting a reply? Now that IS mad! There again, so is replying to it so I guess you are not alone. We would not be so paranoic if folks would just stop picking on us! Welcome to the Forum.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

finally, the contributors get a compliment!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,347 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

With the moratorium still in place I dare not speak its name......but my euros won't be filling a certain airline's coffers any time soon.

And mad? Comes from semi-regular reduced oxygen saturation after having been at 10000m and higher for a few hours at a time. The Champoo just adds charm to the picture.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

Welcome Wirral.

This is the only forum not occupied by cheerleaders, hence its popularity with grumpy old men (apologies to all you grumpy old ladies)

I confess I did enter himself's competition. I suggested scratch cards: to relieve the itch caused by suspiciously "damp" seats.

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

I haven't visited this forum for a while... Thought I'd have a quick look to see how many other unfortunates have been leapt upon for starting a "silly" post.

I can only liken it to the rounding up and hunting of the weakest member of the pack...

1) The Victim makes a complaint

2) Someone replies with a semi-helpful post

3) After a couple of responses the posts begin to show a hint of sarcasm

4) People spend time researching all the rules and regs and start quoting them

5) (moving in for the kill) Everyone, including previous posters on the thread start to become more aggressive and start to accuse the victim of being stupid

6) Questions begun to be asked of the victim as to how they thought they could get away with this

7) Victim tries fruitlessly to defend itself

8) Victim withdraws to other Forums, never to return. Victim officially Dead on the Air Travel Forum.

Apologies if I have missed out any steps, but as I say, I haven't been here for a long time and have only looked at a couple of the recent threads.

Thoughts?

wirral
Level Contributor
18,927 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

mfuwe.I said "No need to reply".That doesn't mean "Don't reply".In fact I like the exchange of views/opinions on TA and the interaction which seems to be extensive on this forum.My regular forum is Majorca and there is a great group of regulars on there.Thanks for the welcome, folks.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

the "victim" is more often than not making outlandish claims like "ripped off" or "scammed" etc when almost invariably the reason for the complaint is entirely the fault of the so called "victim"

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,035 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just discovered this TA Forum.You're all mad!

Wirralscouse. I know that but being of unsound mind does mean we can live in our own little world without remorse or regret.

Scudder. Welcome back. I think you may have a point or two but from what I have seen most of the 'put downs' take place as a result of the victims self inflicted wounds as IT says.

Defending the indefensible carries risk.