We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When and where to book to London from Las Vegas

las vegas
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
When and where to book to London from Las Vegas

I will be going to London the middle of July for about ten days. I have pretty much settled on Virgin Atlantic. I would like to upgrade to to their PE class if I can find a good rate. I have checked out several online sites, ie, expedia, orbitz and they all seem to be very close to the rates posted on VA site. I would prefer to fly into to Heathrow. I live in Las Vegas, but I have a free ticket on Southwest for anywhere. My thoughts are that I could fly to an other city and fly to HTH. Also, do rates get higher in the summer?

Thank you all in advance

DA

London, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When and where to book to London from Las Vegas

Not sure they really have a 'summer' in London. They do sometimes mention a 'Heatwave' in July in England. This usually lasts for 2 days. I think what they mean is that its the sun 'waving' goodbye for another 363 days.

Its probably best to fly direct to LHR if you REALLY insist on visiting England. however you can often get cheap flights to London from most other Euro cities. I saw a fare costing £2 from Warsaw!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When and where to book to London from Las Vegas

I have in the past looked at London to LV and while you can sometimes get deals on other Virgin PE routes I have never them this one. Whether the current economic climate affects this who knows, usually prices do go up in the summer but again, this year, things seem to be different.

Given the hassle of changing I'd be pretty keen to fly direct, even the nearest large hub with very frequent flights, LAX, must add about 4 or 5 hours to the overall trip length.

If its any help, Virgin PE is very nice and worth the extra (usually it seems to be double the price of economy)

Keep an eye on their site maybe you'll get lucky and they will have another sale that affects this route t this time, good luck.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,073 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When and where to book to London from Las Vegas

I have looked at the Southwest schedule to see if going to one of their cities would make the cost of my trips to Italy lower. It has never worked out better to use them to fly somewhere else and then try to hook up with another airline's flight to Europe soooooo

I agree that sticking to one airline and flying from your home town will be best.

4. Re: When and where to book to London from Las Vegas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:22 am, October 23, 2009