We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair changed our flights

London
Level Contributor
211 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair changed our flights

I've only just found this forum from the Benidorm forum so thought I'd post yet another complaint about good old Ryanair.

They've changed our flight from Stanstead to Faro from 7am to 5.30pm the same day. We're only going for six days so to miss a whole day is really annoying. I shopped around to see if I could get cheaper flights elsewhere but unfortunately at this late stage (travel in May), couldn't so had no choice but to accept the changes. I've used Ryanair loads of times and never had any problems (apart from the usual rugby scrum to board)so really disappointed.

I've already posted this on the Portugal forum where some people have told me that Ryanair have a 12 hour window in which they can change flights without having to offer compensation and we fall just within this - what a coincidence! I'd rather fly the previous day but that flight was £100's more - you'd think Ryanair would offer that as an alternative at the same price..... wouldn't you?

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,585 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair changed our flights

<"you'd think Ryanair would offer that as an alternative at the same price..... wouldn't you?">

Straight answer is NO. It's only a delay not a cancellation and you have had more than the minimum notice anyway! (it sounds as though it is fairly full anyway so if Mick can get a £100 he will take it.)

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,312 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair changed our flights

> you'd think Ryanair would offer that as an alternative at the same price..... wouldn't you?

Many decent airlines would. I have had it happen with Continental (just two weeks ago re-routing when they changed the original itinerary to get in at midnight rather than 5pm), BA, Swiss and Lufthansa to name four in the past couple of years.

But that kind of service is not part of Ryanair's ethos and anyone buying tickets from them should realise that by now.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair changed our flights

It is not a delay or a cancellation, it is a reschedule. The wonders of Ryanair speak.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,585 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair changed our flights

The only way to stop this is to stop flying with them

Personally if a replacement flight was £50 MOre I would book it and tell ryanair where they can put their rescheduled/delayed flight.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair changed our flights

Last time Ryanair rescheduled one of my flights, I cancelled and rebooked though them for £10 each less ;-)

Tacoma,WA
Level Contributor
912 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair changed our flights

I worry about this...I am getting ready to book a flight with Ryan air form Dublin to prague. There prices were similar to air lingus but ryan air allows more weight on a carry on so looks like I will take my chance on ryan air...I will have travel insurance but 1 messed up flight can affect a biug part of my trip.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,465 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair changed our flights

Ryanair 10kg hand luggage + 15kg checked luggage

Aer Lingus 5kg hand luggage + 20kg checked luggage

So Aer Lingus give you a whole kg more and are less likely to treat you like something you find on the sole of your shoe

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,585 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair changed our flights

lets get this right Alan.

10+15 < 5+20? Explain.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,312 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair changed our flights

> 10+15 < 5+20? Explain.

Typo. Aer Linctus gives you 6kgs of hand luggage.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
36,585 posts
331 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair changed our flights

You're assuming again WV. Only AlanRow knows that for sure!