We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight changes... please help!!

Preston
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flight changes... please help!!

I have booked my honeymoon to Mauritius in May 2009 and am flying with Air France, but after the tickets were issued my fiance was told by his employer that he MUST be back in work 3 days before we are due back. Air France will only change our departure flight by cancelling both flights and re-booking which will cost an extra £1,300. Anyone got any other ideas... If I book a one way ticket from Mauritius, without cancelling the return flight will we get penalised by Air France, and could this make it cheaper?

Any ideas will really help!!!!! Thanks

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
39,075 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Flight changes... please help!!

<"Since then a new Manager has started and rescinded the original agreement.">

Tell him he cannot. An agreement is an agreemnt! Go higher!

new zealand
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Flight changes... please help!!

It seems to me you booked a non refundable and non changeable ticket with Air France. Not particularly wise considering it's your honeymoon. That's probably why they are telling you they would have to cancel your original airfare and re-book a whole new one.

So the best you can do is to stick to your outbound flights and try to find an earlier flight that won't cost a fortune. Good luck with that. And rest assure Air France will not be chasing you for not taking their return flight. It's ok not to turn up for your flight, there are no penalties for that. It happens xxxxxxxxxxxx number of times every day.

13. Re: Flight changes... please help!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, October 19, 2009