We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Failed to check in HELP !

Eskdale, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Failed to check in HELP !

Hi my brother was due to fly to Auckland via the Usa on the 2 of Feb but due to the weather (SNOW) the whole air travel network collapsed.

He then cued up for over 12hrs to re book his flight for the following day as all flights were cancelled,

like lots of other people he slept that night in Heathrow , the following morning the day of his new flight he was getting cramps and he ended up collapsing at check in and was rushed to hospital where he under went an operation for kidney stones.

So he never got the chance to check in as he was in hospital,

He took travel insurance out but they have failed to pay out as he never had a return trip booked as he was moving over to New Zealand for good.

What do you think the chance of re booking his flight would be as the reason behind his failed check in was down to medical reasons.

Thanks for the help i hope someone can help us

Ruth

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,404 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Failed to check in HELP !

I agree "Our AXA and Towergate AUL policies will only cover return trips from the United Kingdom or EU Country. Our Elect policies do cover one way trips and the cover expires after you have arrived at your final country destination for 72 hours."

But I remain deeply suspicious. My nature I suppose.

12. Re: Failed to check in HELP !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 15, 2009