We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing Airline THIEVES

Toronto
7 posts
Save Topic
Sunwing Airline THIEVES

Watch your luggage when dealing with Sunwing. I recently found that Sunwing Staff had pilfered through my luggage and stolen my camera, laptop charger, cell phone charger and sunglasses.

Even after telling Sunwing that their staff stole from me - they indicated that they don't cover electronics and would only pay for the sunglasses.

They have quite the business going with their employees! Boy they pay their employees - do they also pay them to steal and pawn the electronics and other items they can acquire from passenger suitcases???????

FLYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toronto
7 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Sunwing Airline THIEVES

UPDATE:

I filed a complaint with Transport Canada. The end result is that Transport Canada has already issued orders to Airlines that they cannot hide behind Tarrif's in denying to cover electronics. As a result Sunwing Airlines is issuing a cheque to cover the cost of my stolen Camera and chargers next week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hooray for the little guy! Don't let airlines push you around with their bullshit responses to your claims!@ When in doubt file a grievance with Transport Canada!!!!

Tacoma,WA
Level Contributor
915 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Sunwing Airline THIEVES

how about when in doubt...BUY TRAVEL INSURANCE, PACK VALUEBALE IN CARRY ON. AND DO NOT GET MAD WHEN PEOPLE REPLY! cause you posted on here...didnt you think people would be honest, give you a hard time, and give you usueful advice all at the same time....thats what it is all about...if I make a travel mistake i expect to be given a hard time all in good fun, but I also know folks will say things that will provide useful info for the next trip! So dont get all upset...

Toronto
7 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Sunwing Airline THIEVES

Hey no one's upset here - but you know what? Useful advice would've have been for someone to say "Submit a claim with "Transport Canada" - no defeatist advice. Anyways - peace out and thanks for your time.

Regards,

Tim.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,652 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Sunwing Airline THIEVES

Nice victory for you but Transport Canda cannot override the "Bullcrap" Montreal Convention.

You got lucky but next time heed the advice on here.

Keep your cameras and other valuables in your Carry On luggage and make sure they are insured against loss even then. This was 'theft' but what if the case had just disappeared never to be seen again?

Toronto
7 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Sunwing Airline THIEVES

Yes I agree that you are right. Was a dumb move - but a "heat of the moment" one. Glad to see that the government was on my side with this and that things worked out. I definitely will be careful in the future.

Thanks again for your time bro.

T

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Sunwing Airline THIEVES

'bro'? the influx of facebook participants into ta has brought a whole new language to the forum ;-)

glad u got it sorted out and came back to tell us despite the hard time u got here.

27. Re: Sunwing Airline THIEVES

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, November 19, 2009