We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone tried the new Flights search on this site?

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
62,050 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone tried the new Flights search on this site?

I just got back from Italy and noticed several new additions to this web site so was wondering if anyone had used the flight search/pricing tool and how it compares to Kayak etc?

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
376 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone tried the new Flights search on this site?

Here are a couple initial observations. It would appear that one cannot include a search of nearby airports. Like Kayak, it would be nice to include a list of airlines that are included in a search.

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,443 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone tried the new Flights search on this site?

I used the "best flight" search for a flight from Melbourne to Bangkok and it was $1000 more than webjet!

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
15,016 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone tried the new Flights search on this site?

Meh! Looks like it uses the Kayak/Sidestep platform minus a lot of their useful features. Not impressed with the fares it's throwing up either.

Newton...
Level Contributor
638 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone tried the new Flights search on this site?

Hey all, thanks for your feedback. We're still in beta mode with our flight search feature, so stay tuned for some great additions. Expect to see nearby airport search, multi-city shopping, currency conversion and other features coming soon.

TA_Sara

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone tried the new Flights search on this site?

I wonder if the Flights Search feature is more geared towards departures from a particular region? I tried it for a flight I plan to take within Asia and the result was a lot more expensive than online flight booking sites based in this region.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
32 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone tried the new Flights search on this site?

I looked at flights last week and it bought up lots of combinations plus if I wanted narrow body jets, how long my layover etc

Now it just takes you to Expedia. Is this because it is still in beta mode or have I just lost functionality. I really liked the search!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
629 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone tried the new Flights search on this site?

Its useless for Australian domestic flights at the moment because it only comes back with results for Qantas and no other airlines, so why not just go straight to the Qantas site?

8. Re: Has anyone tried the new Flights search on this site?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 21, 2009