We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AA Luggage Charges?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Topic
AA Luggage Charges?

It's been quite a while since I've flown, so please bear with me:

I know that American Airlines is now charging for checked in luggage, but I don't seem to understand what the charges are for international flights (to the Caribbean).

Is the first bag free? If not what is the cost for the first bag and any other checked in bag?

Thank you for your help.

Boston
Level Contributor
818 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: AA Luggage Charges?

Hi,

Flew AA to St John two weeks ago... $20 per checked bag.

Toronto
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: AA Luggage Charges?

The checked baggage fee only applies if you're travelling within the United States, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and Canada. If you're going anywhere else in the Caribbean then you get 2 bags free of charge.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AA Luggage Charges?

The AA baggage information on their website seems to have been reorganized. Quite easy to read/understand now.

www.aa.com/aa/i18nForward.do…

4. Re: AA Luggage Charges?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 16, 2009