We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Airline for Round World Ticket

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
303 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best Airline for Round World Ticket

Hello

Am thinking of going to Idaho Falls for Xmas next year which would mean probably getting the ticket to Salt Lake City. Would then like to go on to Sydney for New Year then maybe onto Auckland as haven't yet been to New Zealand.

I realise that the fares aren't available until around Feb/March. Is this one that I would need to go to a travel agent to arrange i.e. Flight Centre or Trailfinders, or is there a specialty website that caters for a RTW ticket. I've had a brief look at Quants, Air New Zealand, Delta and United.

Any suggestions welcome but reason for Idaho Falls is have family there and reason for Sydney is that just want to be there for NYE celebrations so can work around these 2 places.

Thanks

Joanne

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,907 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Airline for Round World Ticket

You can usually book legacy carriers from 335 - 355 days in advance of travel. Low cost carriers may not offer fares or a schedule until six months in advance of the date of travel.

Both oneWorld and StarAlliance offer RTW fares as well as continental passes. If you have a preferance for one airline within an alliance or are a memeber of one frequent traveller program you may wish to stay with one rather than the other.

oneworld.com/ow/…oneworld-explorer

staralliance.com/en/travellers/fare_products…

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Airline for Round World Ticket

Hi

You can try using kayak with their multi city option. They should help with finding the right airlines and with pricing.

Clive

3. Re: Best Airline for Round World Ticket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 10, 2009